ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 28, 2006

The clock

When Donnie and I first married he moved to Germany and found a place to live and I followed later. He bought a clock for our first apartment. It was a big picture of the Nueschwanstien Castle in Bavaria. It is beautiful. Over the years the clock mechanism quit working. We replaced it once, but it hasn't worked in a decade now, and its been packed since we moved into this house a year ago.
Now that the kids are off to school we need a clock in the living room to keep them moving on time. So we bought a clock that matched our new decor, but it doesn't work! I was planning to exchange it, but then decided that I could just buy a new mechanism for our old clock with the money. It doesn't "match" our living room, but it'll be fine in here anyways.
In discussing it with Donnie and Drew this morning about where it should go and such I mentioned that I wanted to use that clock, since we'll never get rid of it anyways, we should just fix it and use it. Donnie says "I could give or take the clock, no biggie." I started crying!!! "Thats the OUR clock! The clock you bought for me to welcome me to our very first home!"
Where did that come from? LOL I don't have to get rid of it, he just didn't care! Why did that bother me? LOL Hmmmm, could I be pregnant????
The clock will be going up on the wall today, working or not.

1 people think my kids are qtpies:

meg said...

Hi- thanks for the drop by & the cheers! I don't get many visitors here yet, but I know it takes time.
Bless your heart- 7 children? You definitly have a calling! The bed rest part is tough- I had to do that with my youngest, & I nearly went stir crazy. But I got a lot of reading time in! Try to look on it as a mini-vacation ;) Drop by anytime- the gate is always open