ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

February 01, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #4












Thirteen reasons to have a large family!


1. Babies teach siblings about caring for little ones, being kind, protective and how not to be selfish.
2. Children make life interesting!
3. Large families have more opportunities to grow their faith as they watch God provide for them.
4. Having more Godly children has a bigger impact on the world.
5. Having children shows parents their flaws and helps them grow and get rid of sinfulness.
6. Children, and parents, get lots of practice in communication, sharing and compromising.
7. We'll have more people paying for our social security!
8. Babies show us how incredibly awesome our God is and how amazingly creative He is!
9. Many hands make light work!
10. I will never be lonely in my old age! Neither will my kids!
11. The kids always have someone to play with.
12. The kids always have someone to argue with. (but don't mess with my sibling! Only I can do that!)
13. Have you SEEN a baby? Hello! Nuff said! Get a whiff of that sweet baby head, the feel of a baby sigh on your neck, the warm little body cuddled into you...... oh the pure joy!


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. JAM
2. Babystepper
3. Vicky
4. Casa Sosegad
5. Rose
6. Charlotte
7. kitkat
8. alisonwonderland
(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!



The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



13 people think my kids are qtpies:

JAM said...

Having trouble getting Blogger to let me leave comments. But I persisted.

Great list, I'm sure a big family causes everyone, even parents to mature quickly.

Plus, at Christmas, you can just point at the decorations, say "have at it kids" sit back and let them do the work.

Vicky said...

Great TT!

I'm still allergic to kids, but everyone tells me that's just for now. :)

Amanda said...

What a sweet list! You are a great mom. I have such a tough time with three children!

Anonymous said...

Lovely list. You have a beautiful family. So you know your blog is not viewing right in Firefox.

Anonymous said...

I love your list and I love little babies before they lose that "baby smell" :)

Happy TT

Kat said...

I think the reason why I teach is so I can always be around kids. My son told me the other day that he wanted a baby, I told him to borrow one from church.lol Happy TT!

alisonwonderland said...

great list! i experienced many of those things growing up as one of seven! #7 made me laugh!

happy TT! thanks for stopping by!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

I guess there are some advantages to having a large family. I like being an only kitten though, and my humans don't plan on having any human kittens either. Thanks for visiting!

Annie said...

Wow! Seven kids! One of my friends growing up was the youngest of 13 kids and I always found that amazing. You're blessed with such a large family.

Thanks for stopping by my TT!

K said...

All great reasons to have a large family!! I can't wait to have lots of kids one day myself!! Sounds like alot of fun! :)

Staci said...

I liked #13. Ahhh... babies!

Dane Bramage said...

Thanks in advance for the boost in Social Security! My niece's four kids stay with me and I can't wait till they are old enough to do more than just destroy the house! :-) I think I am going to get a kick out of reading your blog!

Thanks for stopping by.

Rhonda Helms said...

WOW...what a positive spin on big families. When my house needs cleaning, I know who to call! LOL kidding...maybe...

Seriously, though, aren't kids the best? They're so nutso, but so much fun. :D

Rhonda
http://rhondastapleton.authorsabode.com

ps - thanks for stopping by my TT!