ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

February 08, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #5

Thirteen Things about Lisa
13 things that happened in the last week!

1. Devon fell asleep at a friend's house with no phone, and we didn't know where he was for 18 hours. (I still ♥ him)
2. Donnie's car died at 7:30am and I had to get out of bed after 2 hours sleep to get him oil and antifreeze, and I was out of gas, so had to gas up in -20 weather with the pumps so cold the liquid crystal screens barely worked.
3. Went to the store and realized I lost my wallet at the gas station. It was there and nothing was stolen!
4. Got home and found out Donnie's car had died again, but thankfully some friends of his came to help him tow it. And later that day it decided it was fine.
5. The van's brake light came on for no reason. Then it went off later.
6. The van's check gauges light came on and the oil pressure gauge was on 0. The van was not out of oil.
7. The van started knocking on the way to our friend's house Sunday. We were closer to them, so we kept going. The van completely died on the way home after severe knocking. We were stuck with 4 kids, one a baby, with no cell phone. We were close to a friend's house, so we managed to get a tow home.
8. Donnie got to work fine in his car. But didn't get home so fine. The car died and he managed to drift into a gas station where he actually got a jump from someone. Then went and got a new battery, but didn't replace it because the car was running fine again.
9. Car died almost a town before ours. Got a tow to the town so he could change batteries. But he couldn't do it because he didn't have a ratchet, and neither did the gas station.
10. Donnie jumped the car with the battery, it worked! But only until he got in to leave. So he put the battery on the floor between his legs and put the cables out the window and into the hood and jumped the car and drove all the way home like that.
11. Got a loaner while the car was being fixed. Let it warm up while he was inside. Went to leave and the remote door locks would NOT work! So he had to go and BUY AAA membership and wait 2 1/2 hours for someone to come get the door unlocked!
12. Trinity put the plug in the bathroom sink, turned on the hot water and left. Flooded the bathroom. It went down the register and flooded the basement, filled the washer (and my load of white clothes) with dirty water, and I had to mop the top of the washer and dryer. And then poured two bottles of powdered milk flavoring all over the place in the kitchen.
13. Trinity put her pull up in my dirty cloth diaper bag and I washed it. Now there are little sylicone balls all over my load of diapers. (normally she throws away her panties and cloth diapers, lol)


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. Chickadee
2. My Lil' Corner of the World
3. Almost Somewhat Positive
4. The Rock Chick
5. Sweet like Kitty
6. Anne Douglas This post is guaranteed to crack you up and make my week seem GREAT! I'm totally cheered up!
7. Just Bloggin' Along
8. beth For all you 24 fans!
9. highlandAmy
10. BeckyD
11. YoungMommy
12. KarenW
13. Gewels
14. Dane Bramage
15. Sara
16. Jen's Horde
17. Writing Aspirations
18. 100% Pure Lee
19. Stacie
20. Life: The Ongoing Education
21. Deep in My Mind
22. ancsweetnsassygal
23. Katkat
24. Cheryl

(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


31 people think my kids are qtpies:

Chickadee said...

OOF you've had a rough week with your car! (and Donnie too) I laughed too at the fact that the pull up went into the washing machine. :P

My 13 are up.

Anonymous said...

Ack!! I feel for ya! LOL! What a week! If it's not one thing, it's another! Bless your heart! I say you need a vacation! :o)

Mary said...

That is some week you have had, i hope things get better! Happy 13! :O)

The Rock Chick said...

Cars...can't live with them, can't live without them. Sorry yours gave you such trouble this week!!!

Happy TT Jessica

Penny said...

UGH! What a rough week! I hope this week has been better!

Happy TTing

Penny

Sonny said...

Ugh! What a week! That's really worth to write about! I hope you won't have a week like that again!!!

My TT is up too.
Please stop by and enjoy.

Hugs and happy TT,
Sonny
aka
Sweet like Kitty
I will exercise for comments!

P.S: Do you play along today's Meet -'n'-Greet-TT, too?

Anne D said...

Great googly moogly! What a week!

Anonymous said...

I'm tired just from reading that. I remember what it was like to have two little ones at the same time - but SEVEN!

I can't imagine not knowing where my child was for 18 hours - you must have been beside yourself.

Go take a hot shower and take a nap!!! Now!

:)

Anonymous said...

Whew! Sounds like you had a busy week... although I imagine with 7 kids every week must be busy :D

Happy TT!

Becky said...

What a week! I'm exhausted just reading about it.

My list is up too.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a busy week! Praying for rest for you this week!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and for commenting on my TT.
Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a tough week!

GEWELS said...

OY! Sounds like you need a new car!

Dane Bramage said...

Man, good thing the week is almost over. Sheesh. Thanks for stopping by my Thursday Thirteen #29. This edition has 13 Search Engine Results that led to my blog for those of you who haven't been there yet :-)

Jen said...

Oh no! I hope next week is better. Hugs to you all :-)

Sara said...

What a week! I am sure there is never a dull moment at your house!

Rashenbo said...

Good grief! That's a full week. I think I would have had a heart attack before even hitting hump day! :)

Thank you for sharing and have a lovely Thursday!

Lee said...

You have had a crazy week! Thanks for visiting my blog! I can't wait for the weekend!

Nature Girl said...

What a crazy week you've had! Our brake light used to come on for no reason when it was really really cold outside..then it would kill the battery. We ended up having to remove the fuse every night. That was many many years ago, I don't even know if cars HAVE fuses anymore. LOL Great TT, I hope your week goes better.
I played too
Stacie

Lara said...

wow, that is a crazy week! sorry about the car troubles. it was interesting to read, though!

thanks for stopping by my TT! :)

Mia said...

Great List!!!

Kids and cars...gotta love them. Gotta love kids more when they pull a #1. lol

Happy TT!!!

Anonymous said...

I can sympathize with the car problems. Mine died last week. Now I just need to hold the funeral and bury it. lol Sorry your week has been so hectic. Great TT and happy Thursday. Thanks for visiting my TT.

Kat said...

oh my goodness sounds like a triple chocolate week!

Anonymous said...

Hope the following weeks get better for you. Those things always seem to come in droves.

Kukka-Maria said...

I'm exhausted just READING about all of this! To live it? I don't have the strength!

Thanks for stopping by my Th13!

Brought to you by Her Majesty Magenta said...

I am speechless. That sounds awful. So glad you blogged it so you can look back on it later, cause any week after that one just has to be better!

alisonwonderland said...

you've really had a lot of excitement this week! take care of yourself!

happy TT!

Angel321 said...

If you are not in a puddle of tears, you are a stronger woman than I. I think you deserve a Hot bubble bath with Candles, music, and a dead bolt to the bathroom. (You could let hubby join you if you want, he probably needs it too.) Just don't let Trinity draw the water for you! ;)

Barbara said...

Wow! That sounds like quite the week. I hope things are better for you now.

Anonymous said...

What an awful week of car problems. That stinks. At least you have blogging to take your mind off that. LOL. I hate it when the kids "hide" stuff in the laundry.

Happy Thursday Thirteen!


My TT is posted and not a fetish. LOL Maggie.coffeeshopmafia.com

Lady G~ said...

WOW! Sounds like you had one tough week. It's a love/hate thing with cars.

Never a dull moment in house full of little blessings. God's blessed us with five children. :o)