ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

April 25, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #14 Scrubs Edition

Thirteen Things about Lisa
13 Reasons I love Scrubs!
I love watching Scrubs! Don't call me between 11pm and midnight, cause I'm busy watching 2 episodes of Scrubs. At first, we refused to watch Scrubs because it looked so incredibly stupid, and we did not want to be dumbed down by watching it. Then one night we heard something in the background, and it was kind of funny, so we watched a little, and then we were hooked. Thanks Devon, we appreciate the dumbing down!


1. JD and Turk always make up silly games, like throwing a hat a Rowdy, their dead stuffed dog, Steak, Ankles, and Graveling. And when Turk wins:
Turk: Say it!
JD: I'm your beyotch.
(We now gravel each other as a sign of love, putting gravel in each others shoes, its just funny!)
2. Elliot: My life is a mess!
J.D.: At least you're pretty.
Elliot: Yeah, well, pretty don't pay the rent!
Carla: It does for my sister.
Elliot: Oh, my God, your sister's a prostitute?
Carla: She's a model. Come on, Elliot, we talked about thinking before we speak.
3. "Yes! I'm the king of Gay Chicken!" Said by Dr. Cox's brother in law after they almost kissed but Dr. Cox backed out first. A weird game they play.
4. "Darn, I've become predictable." said by Janitor when JD figured out his offer for a place to stay was so he could slather JD's face with jam and sick racoons on him.
5. Dr. Cox: "I suppose I could riff a list of things that I care as little about as our last week. Let's see... low carb diets, Michael Moore, the Republican National Convention, Kabbalah & all Kabbalah-related products, Hi-Def TV, the Bush daughters, wireless hotspots, the OC, the UN, recycling, getting Punk'd, Danny Gans, the Latin Grammys, the real Grammys, Jeff that Wiggle that sleeps too darn much, the Yankees payroll, all the red states, all the blue states, every hybrid car, every talk show, everything on the planet, everything in the solar system, everything, everything, everything, everything, everything, everythingj every-everything that exists past present & future, in discovered and undiscovered dimensions!...Oh, and Hugh Jackman."
6. J.D.: (singing) I'm feeling so good today... (falls, then immediately gets back up and starts singing again) I still feel good, 'cause nobody saw me fall...
7. Dr. Cox: "I know you and I have never really connected - maybe that's because you're relentlessly annoying, or maybe it's my fault because I can't tolerate relentlessly annoying people - I don't know."
8. Dr. Cox: This moment is so great I'd cheat on that other moment from before, marry this one and raise a family of little moments!
Dr. Cox: I love this moment so much I want to have sex with it.
9. Did I mention Dr. Cox's rants? Dr. Kelso is getting an award for...
Dr. Cox: Jerk-Off of the Year. No, Bastard of the Year! Uh, don't you tell me! Guy I Despise So Much, I'd Pay Someone To Kill Ya and Stuff Ya and Leave Ya by my Bed, So That When I Wake Up in the Morning, I Could Roll Over and Punch You in the Face...of the Year.
10. Dr. Cox: "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I do naive bubbleheaded optimists who walk around vomitting sunshine."
11. The one-liners are SO funny! The light bulb up the patients hiney on the x-ray. Dr. Cox: "I'll tell you there Bobb-o, either this kid has a lightbulb up his butt or his colon has a great idea."
12. Dr. Cox: Let me ask you a quick question: are you trying to make my head explode? Because you have no idea just how frustrating it is working your *butt* off trying to inflate a tiny little balloon inside somebody's clogged artery when all that person has to do, really is - oh, I don't know - go for a walk in the morning or choke down a fresh green salad. And you come back here looking like that? And, I know here, I know I'm supposed to be Dr. Give-A-Crap, but you wanna hear the God's honest truth? And this is a fact: you are what you eat. And you clearly went out and devoured a big fat guy, didn't ya?
13. Turk: You know, I never get chocolate cake.
Elliot: Oh, right, cause you're diabetic. Boo hoo. You know Turk, if you want sympathy, get a disease people can see!




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


19 people think my kids are qtpies:

Unknown said...

Lovely tt!

Anonymous said...

I don't watch Scrubs, but I enjoyed reading your list... Funny stuff!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my TT is up, too!

The Muffin said...

I love Scrubs! Great list!

Anonymous said...

Ok...I might have to try the show out know...you have piqued my interest!

Rashenbo said...

I've never watched Scrubs. But you do make it sound like I'm missing out! :) I may have to watch a couple of episodes.

Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog.

Anonymous said...

That show is a hoot. I can see why you love it. I believe one of my TT entries might be material for it, lol.
Blessings,
~Toni~

Anonymous said...

This is the FUNNIEST TT I've ever read! I love Scrubs too, and you picked some of the most hilarious quotes ever!

Julia said...

Scrubs was one of the TV show I want to watch but never able to. Because there are other TV shows that I watch that come on same time Scrubs do. Maybe I add this show into my Netflix list to catch up :)

Thanks for visiting my blog, Happy T13 - have a good day!

JAM said...

I have watched very few first run scrubs, but watch the reruns. It's a riot. They're like my friends and I were when we were thirteen.

Cool list.

Penny said...

I love Scrubs! I haven't watched in a while, but need to start again! I love Thee Janitor! ;)

Carina said...

Okay, it does sound pretty funny, but this mommy ain't stayin' up till midnight. Nope.

impwork said...

One odd experience was to watch an episode of Chicago Hope recorded on video and then an episode of Scrubs and realise that the plot was identical but Scrubs did it funnier in half the time...

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

i'm a cat so i don't watch much televizun ... but u reelee know yer scrubz! u can kwote lottsa linez!
i watch da baseball ... an mi yankeez ar havin sum trubbel! heer'z a line i can kwote frum da yankeez: "da yankeez win ... da yankeez win."
i haven't herd dat kwote in sum time!
thank u fer vizitin mi blog!
yer frend--jh

Dane Bramage said...

Never seen scrubs. All I know is that TLC didn't want no scrubs and who can argue with logic like that?

Thanks for visiting my T13!

Rebecca said...

Happy TT13!

Anonymous said...

Hi...thank you for your sweet comment on my blog...you could be my sister!!! Nice to meet you! Blessings! ~Holly

Janean said...

Stopped by to see your list! Good job. I wish I could figure out how to post videos on my page. Sometimes I'm dingy that way. :D
Hope you are having a great week. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the prom pictures!

Jill said...

yup addicting!!
But it is not stupid!!! It's just funny!! And laughter is good for us!!