ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

June 30, 2007

Five random questions meme

I've been tagged by Michelle at Heart of the Prairie for a meme. You get tagged with 5 random questions, you answer them, and then make up five of your own to tag someone with.

1. If money wasn’t an issue, what three things would you buy for yourself for your birthday?
1. Carpeting in my house. Wood floors are pretty, but I feel like wall to wall carpeting makes a house a home.
2. A new front loading washer and dryer!
3. A new dishwasher that is quiet and eats every spec of food you put in there, even if its an entire pizza!
2.What restaurant meal would you go back for again and again and again?
It depends on the restaurant, really. I love french dip sandwiches with a side of fries! But if you are talking about fast food, which you probably weren't, I would be going back for a Spicy Chicken Tendercrisp sandwich with onion rings and dipping sauce at Burger King!
3. What did you want to be before you grew up and did you achieve it?
Not only did I achieve it, I went above and beyond it! I wanted to get married and have 5 kids. Always. Belly dancer and brain surgeon, those things came and went through the years, but I always wanted to be a wife and mom, specifically to 5 kids. I switched from brain surgeon to belly dancer when I saw half my brother's lip hanging from his face, how could I face a brain if I could barely handle that?
4. What one piece of advice do you have for others that you have learned through life’s lessons?
Never say you wouldn't do something. "I wouldn't let MY kid do that!" "I'll never fall into that trap." "That'll never happen to me!" Well, that's just asking for God to set you straight, you judgemental human! lol (I have extensive experience here, trust me)
5. What’s your oldest piece of clothing that you still wear?

My oldest piece is a sweatshirt from high school with the names of all my graduating class mates from 1989. I can't get rid of it because who would want it besides my class? And then I gave birth to Devon while wearing it, lol. Its still around somewhere, and I occasionally wear it to bed, or bumming around the house. I haven't unpacked it since I was pregnant with Sam, so I don't have it out to get a pic of.

Ok, five random questions...... This is the tough part.
1. What was it about your spouse that made you decide he/she was the one?
2. What was your favorite pet in your entire life? And why?
3. What one thing should you give up? (coke, cookies, computer?)
4. What is your most embarrassing moment? Ok, at least name an embarrassing moment!
5. What is your favorite/most interesting/weirdest job you've ever held?

I'm tagging Bring your own cheese, JAM, Laughing Mommy, and Don't give him crackers!
Let me know when you get yours up if you play along!
If anyone else wants to play, feel free to join in and let me know you've posted your answers.

6 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

I loved reading your responses. You came up with some really great questions yourself, by the way.

(I made a little comment on my blog in response to why I tagged you. From your response I could tell that you never had a doubt in your mind. OF COURSE! I would tag you.)

How did your book reading go, by the way?

Anonymous said...

So...did you become a belly dancer too? ;)

Qtpies7 said...

Michelle, I love memes, so I'm happy being tagged! Besides, being tagged makes me feel loved!
And the book is a whole OTHER post! I finished it cover to cover, well, except part of the last chapter, I had to go to sleep.
Sarahgrace: I'm still working on the belly dancer thing. I have to talk my peeps into joining a class with me! Its supposed to be great for flattening your tummy.

yofed said...

1. What was it about your spouse that made you decide he/she was the one?
We were roommates. He cooked, he cleaned, he never tried to get in my pants and took great care of me when I had too much to drink. What else could I want? ;)

2. What was your favorite pet in your entire life? And why?
I don't really like pets. Kids are WAY BETTER then pets!

3. What one thing should you give up? (coke, cookies, computer?)
I'd say baking cookies... I finally managed to learn how to bake them (ok, I just bought a thermometer for my schizo oven!), and now I just can't stop making them... and eating them all!!!

4. What is your most embarrassing moment? Ok, at least name an embarrassing moment!
I was at the store with my son when he was 3 months old. His birthmark was covering almost half his face and was at his worse. I was getting used to the stares and question, but some insensitive prick asked rudely in front of many other customers "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO YOUR CHILD?". I was so embarrassed I could not even answer.

5. What is your favorite/most interesting/weirdest job you've ever held?
When I was a teenager, I was volunterring for the Quebec Nordiques fanclub (NHL team... until they were sold to Colorado and won the Stanley Cup the first year over there!Grrr! lol)

JAM said...

I love those roast beef / french dip thingies too. Have you ever made your own? I buy the McCormick's or whoever packages to make Au Jus gravy, but it's really thin and watery. I add some corn starch to thicken it up and a whole bunch of it sticks to the sandwich with every dip. That's a free tip from a fat guy who knows how to eat.

I've been way behind in my reading and commenting, I promise to get to this soon on my blog.

Anonymous said...

I finally did this meme. I'm lame, I know. Haha!

http://laughingmommy.com/2007/07/19/five-random-questions-meme/

I liked your answer to #3!