ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

August 15, 2007

Hey, Power Company

You know today, when you cut my power off? Yeah, it wasn't supposed to be cut off. Why did your driver not believe me? Why didn't he call you and figure things out before he left so I wouldn't have to load up a baby and drive there and have a screaming fit at you? And why did it take so long for them to come back out to fix the problem after we got it straightened out? Were you getting back at me for yelling at you? You know you would be yelling too if you had your power cut off by mistake when you needed to be doing 7 other things that day instead of fighting with yourselves.
You set my day back 2 hours. You set my friend's day back, too, because she couldn't get a hold of me to drop kids off so she could go to work. And I couldn't call her because I had no power. And I couldn't leave to call her because I was expecting her to show up at my house, and I couldn't call her because my power was out.
I also needed to make a meal for a family whose child recently had a horrible biking accident and has a brain injury. But I couldn't go to the store or cook anything because my power was out and I couldn't arrange to get the kids so I could leave, and I couldn't cook without power.
And I couldn't call my husband about the car problems, because, you know, the power was out and my phones need power.
I also could not wash clothes this morning before I go out of town because my washer doesn't work without power.
But you are right. I should look at it from your point of view and not be mad at you. Don't bother your little heads about it, m'kay? Good.

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Canoearoo said...

Yikes! I'm so sorry your power went out. I would demand an apology!

Anonymous said...

O my word! I would be livid!!

Anonymous said...

Yikes...not a good day, eh?? Of course, if you made a mistake, they'd be right on you.... I dislike the types of companies that we are forced to deal with because we have no other options...hope things look brighter tomorrow!

Jackie said...

Ooo, I better go check my electric bill!

Sassyfrazz said...

hey,

I am sorry to hear you had such a crappy day yesterday! How are things today? How is it moving your in-laws here?

Miss you! But we have a weekend together!! :) You better not find an excuse to miss...or else!

Sarah