ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

August 14, 2007

Jerk!

While in the cities today, we stopped at our bank and pulled in next to a really nice, new car. Fancy, schmancy car with a "Daddio" license plate. And old couple is in there. So the guy goes to get out and smacks his car door into our car. He doesn't even LOOK at us, doesn't apologize, nothing. I step out and look at the damage, and still he doesn't acknowledge it. His wife gives him a look, but that's it.
And there was some damage, and they had white paint on their black door. Not that we would go and do anything for something so minor, but jeepers, we were right there! Why couldn't he acknowledge it?
I felt like doing a Lois from Malcom in the Middle, and digging his car 5 or 60 times. Then maybe start a demolition derby right there in the parking lot.
But you know, Donnie wouldn't let me. He wouldn't even let me say anything to the jerk. He's a much better Christian that I am, I guess.

7 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

I had someone do that to me in our mini van we used to drive all the time. The gal was a younger girl (prob. early 20's). She hit our van so hard with her door it literally rocked the van. I did get out and purvey the damage and she was still standing beside her car putting her lipstick on. I told her she should be mindful of other people's vehicles and not be dinging them with her car doors. I asked her if she would like it if someone dinged her door on her nice little sports car. Of course she said no, so I told her well do you think I like ot have my doors dinged. That stopped her in her tracks and she apologized.

Some people just do not have any respect for other people's property.

Misty said...

Oh my stars. I love that video (You Tube cuz I don't watch the show) from Malcolm in the Middle. I died laughing because that is what I would want to do if that happened to me.

Julie said...

Well, as you probably know one of my kids recently did this to a new car.

The difference was we apologized and offered to fix the damage.

I agree. That was very jerky!

Kris said...

UGH, what is WRONG with people?

We had a gal do this to our brand-new minivan at a Florida Turnpike rest stop not three months after we'd bought it. Slammed her Hummer door into the van hard enough to leave not just a scratch but an indentation...Pete was in the van, got out, looked at the damage, then said to her, "Thank you, I knew our NEW van was missing a detail on its exerior!"

She just glared at him and walked away. We saved for YEARS for that van and here she was, with her Coach handbag and shiny new red Hummer, coming along to give us a lasting reminder of how much she cares for other people.

Good thing it's just "stuff".

Becca said...

Oh my goodness. Are we the same person? I told James just yesterday he was way better than I.

I probably would have stomped and raged and then fainted from high BP...

Jessica Morris said...

My husband is the one that makes me keep my cool at times like that too!!

Maybe you could have had one of your kids to "finger painting" on their car?? =)Not quite as violent as a Lois move, and yet I think it could get the message across!

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful for a patient, calm husband who has saved me many a time from having to repent from tongue lashings, car keyings (not that I really think I would key somebody's car but oh, I've been tempted), or otherwise.