ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

August 01, 2007

Kaytlin called

Kaytlin called from my mom's this morning. She had some time between mom going to work and being picked up by her step cousin and step aunt to go to a lobster fest on the coast of Maine.
My mom lives on a mountain area. And I know there are all sorts of creatures out there, like porcupines and wild turkey for sure. And my mom has a cat, Midnight, who they affectionately call Nightmare, and she doesn't like people much. She pretty much isn't seen by guests. Drew stayed there for nearly a month once and he rarely saw the cat. Mom told Kaytlin that the cat doesn't go all sweet and follow you around and rub on your legs like normal cats.
But then why was Kaytlin tripping over the cat so much and having to brush off layers and layers of black cat hair off her pants? Its because Midnight LOVES Kaytlin. Like all cats do.
Kaytlin was on the phone with me, sitting out on the deck admiring the view................. of spiderwebs. She counted 12 huge spiderwebs on one side of the house. My mom is a creature lover, she doesn't get picky about what they are. She admires the spiders spinning their webs. And Kaytlin spied the spiders that make those huge webs. Their bodies are the size of Kaytlin's thumb! And at least 4 of them live over a door to the house. I would NOT be walking in that door! And my mom asked her to photograph the spiders, yuck!!!!
As we were talking she started kind of freaking out, more like getting creeped out, by something following her and clicking. She went in the house, but she heard it again later, too. Then it flew over the house! She thinks it was a locust. lol
I can't wait to hear how much fun the lobster fest was! Maybe Kaytlin will do some guest blogging while on her vacation!

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Kaytlin is having an adventure!

Thank you for telling me how to fix Mr. Linky on my WW. I got it fixed. :)


Come on over and check out the Daily Edition of Contests Galore for some great contests you can enter! There's an Edition posted for today and one for yesterday. :)

Anonymous said...

talk about spiders...I now apologize for my WW post of the huge spider :)
I hope Lobesterfest is a blast. It sounds like fun.

Thanks for wanting to feature my giveaway in your blog this week--that is extremely thoughtful of you!

Have a wonderful week.
Bridget
"And Miles To Go..."i

Anonymous said...

Ok,now you have me intrigued as to what the big announcement is... girl spill it already!! lol