ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

August 11, 2007

Ladies Night Out~ Just batty!

I do not miss a ladies night out unless I am puking. I love going to ladies night. Even the time that Nikki threw a boxelder bug at me and I thought it was a spider and screamed and cried and threw my baby at Jody. I can't imagine anything but a spider to be worthy of screaming like Nikki was doing, and then to throw it at me, well, I just sort of flipped out a little. Jeannie, brave, brave, Jeannie just flicked the bug off of her and stepped on it. I cried for awhile and Nikki had the heebiejeebies for awhile. Sarah missed that night because she was too busy having a baby or something like that.
Other nights we get really goofy and laugh until the wee hours of the morning. Not that we'd ever divulge what is said at ladies night. But it is a lot of fun. Nothing gets us down. We are die-hard for our night out.
But tonight, tonight was a whole new level of terror/fun. We get in the church, just us ladies, late into the night, all alone. In the basement. Its dark outside. Typically its not bad, we walk out to our cars together, so we are not too scared.
We were sitting at our normal table, doing our normal things, like playing games and eating and talking and laughing. Minding our own business, not gossiping at all, well, maybe a little, but mostly minding our own business. When all of a sudden we have an unwelcome guest crashing our party!
Really! Not just unwelcome, but completely unfriendly! We were terrorized! We were screaming, running for other rooms, the phone to call for help, and Cindy took a silver tray and tried to beat our attacker off. We did get him out of the room and locked ourselves in, but soon he was back through a different door and terrorizing us again! This time we got him locked in a room! Whew! Several of the ladies left at this point. We had sore throats from the screaming and help refused to show up! (that would be my husband)
But the rest of us are die-hards, like I said, and we are not giving up our ladies night! But the rascal got out of the room and went for us again! This time I got the tray and went for the stupid bat!

Everyone except Jeannie and I ran to the bathroom screaming. We went and chased it out again. I'm feeling pretty brave now. Cindy left and someone had to do it. (thankfully she doesn't know how to get pictures off her camera to show anything to the contrary)
Ok, its gone again, so we sit back down and clean up a bit. Sarah has to feed the baby before we leave.
We get to talking about how we can get the church to seriously get an exterminator because we are not the first to see the bats. We decide it would be funny to put one of the dead ones recently found onto the silver tray and put an M&M in its mouth and leave for proof. (ok, its after midnight and we are a little loopy and full of adrenaline from 3 bat attacks, don't judge us) So, Jeannie and I go into the big, huge sanctuary, which is actually a gymnasium, looking for dead bats. We didn't find any, though. That's ok, because really, who was going to pick it up?
But wouldn't it be funny to go running and screaming back into the room and watch all the chickens scatter into the bathroom? Oh, yes, it would be funny! But Jeannie doesn't play along, she just wanders back in there, knowing what I am about to do. I trail behind, shutting off lights and doors. Then I start screaming! And they start screaming and jumping out of their seats! Sarah is almost standing up fully with the baby in her arms on the way to the bathroom until she sees my face.
Yes, she should have known with me!
Sarah double dog dares me to make sure the bat was still in the room since I believe this was a different bat. The room was empty. Yes, I did go check it out!
Really, we should leave, the bats are getting angry.
So we pack it up and of course its tricky getting out and turning off lights and getting through doors not knowing where the next bat might turn up. Jeannie leads the way turning on lights, and I tail the crew turning lights off. As the other 3 crouch and hide behind doors and walls, I let out a blood curdling scream. And they all jump and start screaming, too! Oh, it was sooooo worth the little bit of pee in my panties, soooo worth it!

8 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

You didn't waste any time posting this one!!! It is now 1:48AM and my coffee is just starting to kick in...oh yeah...I'll be up for a while! Tonight was a hoot!

I'm glad I didn't decide to stay home and clean, I guess I might just as well do that now, since I can't sleep anyway, and even if I could, I'd just dream about BATS!!

Mrs. Stam said...

HOooo what a story!!!! funny to me cause I wasn't there but I still find it pretty funny!!! While I was reading I had a mental picture of what was happening LOL

Have a good day!
Renee

Jessica said...

I have to admit I think I would have been one of the chickens heading to the bathroom! :)

onemotherslove said...

I wish I had a Ladies Night Out... even if there were bats! heheh...

onemotherslove said...

Oh, and I love your banner, btw...

Me said...

Sorry I missed LNO! I was on a weekend get-a-way with the hubby and no kids!:) It was our anniversary on Friday! Summer's are so hard for us, it has been non-stop!

Anonymous said...

Bats?! LOL you all have some wild Ladies Nights out! heehee

Me said...

You are right I am glad I did not encounter the bats! Glad you all had a blast!! Godd for you ladies!:)