ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 25, 2007

Where to start........

I could tell you all how horrible my day has been, starting with waking up and finding my blow dryer will not work in any plug in the house for more than 2 seconds, and then find my curling iron has been taken apart by some little terrors, so I have to throw it away and go to work ugly, then on lunch break my mom calls and tells me something horrible that happened to her and I can't help her, and then went to the orthodontist and found that the surgery for Kaytlin's braces is going to cost extra beyond the $5000 AND she will have to wear a retainer forever, and then we drove around the cities for practice driving and on our way home the van broke down, and we called AAA and they came out and got the van on a tow truck and when we went to leave in the car, (Donnie was following us home) the car battery died from the hazard lights being on, so another tow truck with a battery jumper had to be called.

But instead I am going to tell you a praise and something funny. Besides praising God that we have AAA, which I will buy forever now, Donnie was with me and I didn't have to deal with it alone with 3 kids! And I got Kaytlin a great winter jacket for only $25 at Plato's Closet! And I am working, so maybe we can fix at least the car, if not the van.
So, after the ortho Kaytlin, Sam, Trinity and I are sitting in Dairy Queen eating ice cream. I'm pretty busy dealing with Sam and his new discovery of being horrible. There are 4 teens sitting near us, I think they are all boys, Kaytlin says only 2 were boys, but if they were girls they were very masculine boys with no b00bs and boy clothes and faces and hair, and there were a couple of teens ordering and several teens working. Then it was us. So out of the blue Trinity loudly says "Mommy has a baby in her tummy!" (which is not true that I know of, btw) And then she says something unintelligible followed by "and my Mommy's b00bies!" said EXTREMELY loudly as only a 3yo can. Those boys were trying so hard not to die from the laughter they were chocking back! Kaytlin's face hit the table, literally. And I just smiled and kept cleaning Sam up, and then the table and on until we could quickly get out of there so the boys could guffaw as much as they wanted to.

When we got home I was feeding Sam some cereal, since we discovered that is the cure for him not sleeping at night!!!!!!! And when I go to give him a bite he barely opens his lips and sucks the food off the spoon. It is very aggravating. So I told him to say "Ahhh" and he did! He was so thrilled to be able to talk to me! Finally I am speaking his language! But why am I shoveling a spoonful of food into his mouth every time he tries to talk to me? LOL The first few bites he was shocked, he'd open his mouth and I'd shove in a spoonful. Eventually he got the hang of it, and then started spitting it out, much to the amusement of Trinity.
But its all worth it, Sam is not only ASLEEP at NIGHT, but he is sleeping in his CRIB!!!!!! I get to sleep in tomorrow, so I am happy.

8 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I'm glad you had a happy ending to that "awful, no good, very bad" day.
You are a very talented writer!

Carina said...

Way to turn the devil's work into praise. I know God has done amazing work on you, because no one who had a day like yours could, by themselves, turn it into happy times. =)

Your kids are so funny. (Maybe not to Kaitlyn, but still...)

Jackie said...

Yay! A good night's sleep does wonders!

Andrea said...

Oh my!! That is one crazy day. Good for you for being able to look on the bright side even though all those horrible things happened!!!

Andrea said...

Hey...just wanted to let you know that i replied to your comment on my blog - I think you misunderstood me a bit. :) I DO definitely think that your family is doing a GREAT job when it comes to the issue I was talking about.

Kat said...

don't you love when you can focus on the blessing and the funny and try not to dwell on the bad. it;s hard but it helps. Good for you. And I hope everything goes much better tommorrw!

Sassyfrazz said...

Oh, Lisa...I am sorry you had such a crummy way to start your day, and it progressed! I am happy to see that God gave you laughter in the midst of garbage. I miss you...haven't seen enough of you lately :) I am looking forward to Thursday and Saturday! Yeah! We need to figure out a time you me and J..can get together to do our book! :) Hope you are having a great day! Where is your ww? I just got mine up. TTFN

NotJustLaura said...

I love Trinity's comments - think she knows something you don't?