ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

October 12, 2007

A little craziness


About four years ago, maybe a bit longer, actually, I was pregnant with Trinity and had been in the hospital for morning sickness. The day after I was released I was resting, I was still very weak and not much better. I got a knock on my door. It was our neighbors adult son, who is probably old enough to be a grandfather, he seemed older than my dad, even. He was really, really worked up! He demanded that I come outside right this minute and see what my kids had done.
Wait a minute, I just got out of the hospital last night, and I am not going outside without you telling me what is going on. He is very insistent. So I asked him if my kids were ok and he said they weren't hurt but I needed to go outside right now. Sorry, bud, but I am not going outside, I JUST got out of the hospital.
Well, he said that my kids were cutting branches off a tree. Whoa! "My kids are cutting branches off your mom's trees?" I was NOT happy. He said "No, they are cutting branches in your tree that my mom has to look at out her window and it looks ugly."
Oh. My. Word. Is he serious?!? Yes, he was quite serious. And still insisting I come outside. But I told him that I could not, and that my husband would deal with it shortly when he got home. And he starts freaking at me that those tree branches wouldn't grow back and it was ugly, blah blah. I told him that the church we were renting from were going to cut those trees down and put in a parking lot, anyway, what is the big deal? Oh, no, he insisted they would leave the trees in there, they wouldn't cut down the TREES for a parking lot! Umm, yes, they will. Still, he insists I come outside. And I said "Look, do you think I can glue the branches back on the tree? Somehow, my coming outside right now because you are freaking out about tree branches on a tree in our yard is somehow going to make things better, and it just can't wait until my husband comes home?" Well, that got him back tracking a bit, because obviously there is no solution to his anger. Anger he has no right to feel. So he threatens to call our landlord. Go ahead, buddy.
The church laughed. And cutting the bottom branches off had actually ended a problem of the tree catching the trash blowing around town. Did us a favor.
Why did the kids do that? Because Donnie had been pruning some broken branches and they were helping him.
And there are more stories with this neighbor, lol.

6 people think my kids are qtpies:

Carina said...

Gotta love those concerned neighbors.

Andrea said...

haha...yeah, we have a neighbor who freaked when she saw us pulling all the flowers out of the garden in OUR yard when we first moved in....sorry, but I wanted to plant FOOD PRODUCING plants, not flowers...oh well...we can laugh about all this stuff now! :)

Mrs. Stam said...

LOL he was very persistant!!!!

Julie said...

It sounds like this gentleman didn't have enough to keep him busy in his life. Good grief!!!

Wendy said...

Reminds me of a neighbor I had once that yelled at me because her dog had knocked over our trash cans (by our garage door) and strewn garbage across our yard. She said, "You'd better figure out how to keep my dog out of your trash!" So many things I could've said, but I didn't.

Can you imagine what would happen if TWO crazy neighbors lived next door to each other? Hmmm...

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I try not to give involved with neighbors other than the friendly 'HI' and 'BYE' routine. Familiarity breeds contempt.