ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

November 28, 2007

For Parents Only


When I was asked to review this book by Shaunti Feldhahn and Lisa A. Rice I was thrilled. I gained so much insight from Shaunti's book For Women Only. I was really looking forward to finding out what our teens are thinking.
However, I had no idea that it was going to change my parenting forever. Right from chapter one. By the time I was done with chapter 2 I was apologizing to my 18 year old son, Drew. I wish I had known the things I learned in this book before he became a teenager. It would not have changed his actions, but it would have made our relationship so much less strained.
I remember doing the things I did as a teen, but I really can't grasp the feelings. This book helped me to see the reasoning behind things that I forgot about.

Drawing on a nationwide survey of teenagers, Shaunti Feldhahn and Lisa A. Rice answer tough questions such as:
  • Why do teens rebel?
  • What do moms need to understand about the “tough and tender” boy who values respect over love?
  • What do dads need to understand about their daughter’s need for affirmation?
  • What are the six biggest pet peeves teens have about their parents?
When we understand these things it frees us to communicate with our teens in healthy ways rather than constantly butting heads, possibly damaging relationships permanently.
Don't we all want peace in our homes? Especially during the holiday season?
I cannot recommend For Parents Only: Getting Inside the Head of Your Kid enough. It is a must-read for all parents. Buy this book for all parents you know when their first child turns 10 so they can be prepared! You can purchase For Parents Only on Amazon.


Author Bio:
Shaunti Feldhahn is the author of For Women Only and numerous other books, with sales totaling nearly one million copies. A nationally syndicated newspaper columnist and public speaker, Feldhahn earned her master’s degree at Harvard University. She and her husband, Jeff, have two young children. Lisa A. Rice is the associate editor of Christian Living magazine, the mother of two teenage girls, and a screenwriter and producer.

Watch for a give-away of this book in December on my contest blog: The Good Stuff.

0 people think my kids are qtpies: