ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

November 03, 2007

The hunt for new glasses

I am pretty much blind. Even with my glasses I can't read words on the tv. And forget reading road signs until I am right up on them, too late to turn. Forget about reading them at night, it doesn't work at all.

Why is that? Why can't I get 20/20 vision with glasses? I have pondered this many times over the years. The doctors seem to think I have the right prescription, so I should be able to see, right? So, what am I doing wrong?

I think I must be answering the questions wrong. The doctor gives choices "Which is better, 1 or 2. 1 or 2. 1 or 2." And I'm thinking "Umm, which is better? I can't see out of either. Which is better? Fuzzy or blurry? Fuzzy or Blurry? Fuzzy, I'll take fuzzy! Just stop flipping the stupid lenses!" Next lenses "1 or 2? 1 or 2?" Maybe I should have gone with blurry? Shouldn't they tell you which one is better before they give you the test? Is there a book I could study? There has to be somewhere I can get the answers because I haven't passed it in 25 years, but other people can see out of their glasses 20/20.
I think I'm going to go search for the Cliff Notes now. I need new glasses.
And THEN, I have to pick the glasses themselves. I seriously do not pick my own glasses because I cannot see them on my face. I put on the frames and the gal will say "How do you like these?" well, I can't SEE them without my glasses, woman! I have to take Donnie with me to pick them out, and then I ask the lady to pick them, lol. You think I trust him to pick out something I have to wear??? Every single day???

Oh, but guess what?
I am only 4 comments away from 200 entries to my Fall, Y'all Quelf giveaway! That is my goal for today, not that I have any control over that goal....

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

Carina said...

I always hated trying to pick out my glasses without being able to see. So frustrating. I really love my contacts. No style decisions for one thing. A big plus in my book.

Andrea said...

haha...I TOTALLY understand every single word you are saying...that flipping with the 1 or 2 drives me nuts!! And yeah...which is better...fuzzy or blurry? And I need some major help to pick out my own glasses too...or else I am just leaning SUPER close to the mirror all the time to TRY and see what they look like on my face....haha.

Sassyfrazz said...

I think that is so funny! That's funny right there, I don't care who ye are!

I think it was funny that Jody laughed so hard...good medicine for the soul~ nighty night, see you in the morning??

Qtpies7 said...

I would love to do contacts, but that is another blog post all-together, lol.