ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

November 25, 2007

Ok, I've been Google slapped, too.

I made reference to Google's page rank system, having had no issues with them personally, but they have been dropping people's ranks left and right for doing paid advertising. Paid advertising is NOT against their policies, however, if you link to a site directly it will boost their page rank unless you tell the "bots" not to follow the link. So, if you link to someone and it boosts their page rank, then you will be dropped to 0. Make sense? They base the ranking off links, so you can't be paid to link to someone. Why not? Linking is how you get visitors. Visitors is how you make money. Advertising is how you get visitors, so paying someone to advertise will get visitors. And when you are popular you will get more money. Why wouldn't you pay bloggers to link to you to get higher ranking so you get more customers? Why does Google care?
If you don't have a product you won't make money and page rank wouldn't matter anyway. Is Google slapping the advertisers? Nope, just the stay at home moms who want to earn some extra money to make ends meet. Why not go after the people paying for the links? Because then the people with the money will not care about page rank anymore and they will stop paying Google to advertise for them. Google wouldn't want to bite the hand that feeds it. The moms are not going to make a dent in Google. They can terrorize us into not advertising. But the thing is, if I have too low of a rank to get paid advertising, I couldn't care less about Googles ranking.
Since I have to start at the bottom again, why would I keep my blog here on a google blog?
Google is a bully, terrizing the internet into submission.
I have the links to be a PR3, but I am a 0. And the only way to get my rank back is to tell Google I was a bad girl and beg for forgiveness. Seriously. There is not way to ask them to check into it without filling out a form, and that form is ONLY for saying you did something wrong and have fixed it. It says if you are not admitting fault for violation, not to fill out the form.

2 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

I actually never paid attention to google page rank, myself. Can you share what the purpose is of a high page rank for a blog? What type of positives did you see from it?

Unknown said...

This is confusing to me. How do you even know what your "rank" is and how is it determined?