ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

November 19, 2007

Why does it always happen when your house is trashed?

OK, so I happen to be a privacy freak anyway, well I'll volunteer about anything, but I don't take well at all to people just assuming things and taking liberties on my privacy.
I have been running around all weekend, and didn't think to give the kids chores, they should "know" and they can't do anything unless they have done chores. But they not only didn't clean, they didn't watch the little two very well, and probably did a great portion of the mess themselves. So, suffice it to say, my house is trashed with a capital T.
I was running all day today, too. While I was out a friend of mine came by to drop something off and when I didn't answer the door she just walked in calling me. Instead of dropping it off at the back door, she walked all the way through my kitchen and hall into my living room.
Oh my gosh. I am just about to puke. I really, really freak about that kind of thing, even if my house was spotless, but then add the lovely embarrassment of it being trashed to the sick, violated feeling I get, and you have my current state of being.
She is my friend, though we never do anything together, but I trust her, I know she wasn't wandering through my house or digging and snooping.
I didn't think people just did that anymore. I only walk into my dad's house. I don't even just walk into my mom's, even if she was close by. I grew up at my dad's, so that is home to me. (my mom's isn't because I've never been there, and her husband is not someone I grew up with and I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that to his territory)
Why couldn't she come tomorrow when the house will be cleaned up for Thanksgiving? Nope, if the deed had to be done, it had to be done when the house was at its worst possible state. Always. No one EVER comes to my door spontaneously when the house is clean. Ever.

I did talk to her, she feels bad and won't do it again. I'm not mad, I know she didn't even think about me possibly being upset. Maybe because I can come and go in her house whenever I want, though I wouldn't, but I have to have access to her house, so I know how.
OK, I had to get that out. I'm OK now.

And I missed Trinity's second graduation today, so I didn't get pictures! Whaa! I did get more of her sticking her tongue out at me, so that's a plus. (I'm thinking it is time to get tough with her)

2 people think my kids are qtpies:

Carina said...

I had the same experience here the other day. Z always plays with one of his friends on Mon. but we always call each other and get together at about 9:30 or 10:00. This one Monday she just showed up at my door a little after 8:00 because she happened to be in town anyway. (They're farmers). My house was still trashed from the weekend and she is one of those people who just always has a nice clean house. Ugh.

Wendy said...

There is some immutable law of the universe that says no one will come over unexpectedly when your house is clean. It's just a fact.

I have serious privacy issues, too. Which would be okay, since there's only one person that ever comes over unexpectedly. But it happens to be my mother-in-law. And unfortunately, I have issues with her, too.

I'm glad that you could at least tell your friend how you felt about it, and she was understanding. Wish I could do that.