ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

January 22, 2008

Good news and bad news all in one day

And a blood draw to top it all off!



Yesterday Donnie had his little delay with the ditch and blown seal on his tire. And I actually had to bring in my tire to remove a couple of screws and get it fixed. Those weren't too bad, though.



Today I had a great friend get back in touch with me. We met in Germany, and she led me to the Lord. She also has 7 kids, like I do! I will wait on her name until she decides on an online name. She will be joining us in the bloggy world soon.



Then, the shop we use sent someone by to start our van. I asked them to start looking for a rebuilt or used engine for us, and they wanted to see it before they did that. Well, it is pretty much what we thought. But the estimate is almost $5000. Not happening any time soon, unless our refund is pretty fantastic. Still, it is cheaper than buying a new vehicle.



And, for kicks and grins, I had a life insurance agent out to draw blood and weigh me. Always fun.



Now I have to get kids down for a nap and get some things ready for the Spiritual Gifts retreat I have planned for this weekend. And Devon has a home swim meet tonight that I can actually watch from the beginning since I don't babysit today! Woohoo!

2 people think my kids are qtpies:

Carina said...

Yeouch! $5000!

Hope the swim meet goes so well you forget all about the van and the blood and weight.

=)

The Saunders Family said...

hey, thanks for the visit and comment on my blog. The rings on the ToyWrangler are like those you would find on some baby toys, or like the links you can buy that have an opening in one spot to attach to things. They work pretty well.