ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

April 28, 2008

Cute or comfortable?

Here at the QTpie house we have had a raging debate going on for a few weeks. We need your help, Internets.
Last year I found the cutest pair of high heeled brown clogs. Oh, they are so cute! No one disagrees that they are cute. They were my size, so I bought them.
However, the leather cuts into the top/side of my foot and makes a blister, pops it, and then rubs my skin into a sore. Depending on how long I wear them, of course.

But they are so adorable that I wear them anyway!

It is worth it.

The guys and my mom think I am nuts. They don't get that a cute shoe is worth a popped blister for the right look with an outfit.

So, what do you think?
Yes, cute shoes are SO worth a little pain.
No, why torture yourself for a little fashion?

Help us settle this major debate once and for all.
(and for the record, even if I am wrong, I'm still wearing the shoes.) (Cause they're cute!)

update**
I now love laughing mommy even more! Great ideas!

14 people think my kids are qtpies:

michelle said...

Well, coming from a person who has worn the same navy Land's End All-Weather Mocs for the last four plus years (the only shoes I have put on my feet besides the running shoes I slip on to go on the treadmill), I would have to say that I would pick comfort over looks any day, unless it was a REALLY important occasion, and even then, comfort really rules. Kind of like taking off your shoes for your wedding dress, because nobody will see your feet anyway.

Michelle

P.S. Just sent in your address for the DVDs. Let me know when you get them. I'm not touching anything until I know you are satisfied with the trade. (grin!)

Jessica said...

I have worn and would wear again shoes which hurt my feet, causing blisters or sores, just for fashion. It's worth it! And, after a few days or weeks, you "break" the shoes in!

Grandma J said...

Hi Lisa,
I'm with Michelle. I noticed your clogs yesterday...they are cute, but for me...comfort trumps cuteness any day of the week. I have very hard-to-fit feet, (size 10W), so the choices for me are limited to say the least, but when I find a pair that doesn't hurt me from the moment I put them on...I keep them until I wear them out.

On the other hand, I bought a pair for my step-daughter's wedding a couple of years ago, that hurt my feet soooooo bad after wearing them all day, that as soon as I got home, I deposited them directly in the trash. I knew I would NEVER want to wear them again. But if you're okay with blisters...go for it. To each her own.

Anonymous said...

Fashion sometimes equals pain.

Hey, did you know they make stuff you can stick to the inside of the shoe to prevent blisters. There is also stuff you can stick to your own foot. (I bought it at Walgreen's).

I have cute shoes that tear up my heels and I got jell heel pad thingies (technical term) and they no longer cause blisters. Just a thought.

Lisa said...

Ummm, nope not to crazy about hurting my "Dogs" (feet)... comfort trounces crazy oops cute any day...

byoc said...

You already know how I feel about comfort vs cute??? - love your feet - love yourself.

Laura Paxton said...

must have comfy feet, or I am miserable....even if they aren't cute....

Anonymous said...

COMFORT! that is the only name of the game!

Melissa said...

Oh I am the same way... I will force a shoes and it wil always brake down and finally fit and stop hurting me. I always win that battle. But unfortuently since my feet blew up while I was prego I have to work them all in again... which I think is unfair... I already won once :(

Robyn Jones said...

I am not the right person to give an opinion...LOL!...From April to November...I wear sandles...no socks...hate anything restricting my feet. I am trying to change...but maybe after I have the baby....

Wendy said...

I used to do that when I was young but now I care too much about my comfort, don't have the money for cute shoes, or really care what people think about my footwear!

Elizabeth F. said...

I say try a band-aid or something. Sometimes shoes require a breaking in stage. Once they are broken in you will wear them forever. I say try a little bit longer unless of course you are so sore that you can't walk in them. That would be no good.

Darci said...

(this may be long)
I tend to look at people's feet while in a social gathering when I am bored, then guess the personality by their shoes. Normally I am right.
Personally I am all bout comfort, I have the type of feet that heat up so fast after walking around (shopping) so I must have a good pair of runners.
Must have the $100 Naturlizer dressy shoes (The only and only pair of expensive shoes I own)
Now I've added three pairs of pay less shoes (under $60) two of which are attention getting clickly clack boots. But hey they make me feel sexy in jeans why not? Or some days Large and in charge in a work place full of testosterone.
Now to find something pretty that is steel toed. I am very prone to blisters, so my thoughts are bring some flats to swap out with so you can give your feet a break. OR kick 'em off every chance you get (Roman Holiday)

Nancy Sabina said...

It's all worth it for fashion. A little pain is nothing compared to feeling like you look good. Of course, I'd rather be comfy *and* fashionable - but if I can't have both I usually opt for fashionable.