ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

June 07, 2008

It's Official!

I am now the mom of an adult. Drew graduated and has his diploma. In a couple short months from now he will be moving out and starting his Air Force career.

I wasn't sure I would cry during graduation, but sure enough I was crying by 6:30. Graduation started at 7. I was looking at the pics of all the graduates and realized that our whole community and church are going to change, not just our family. Wow. Drew's class is a group of leaders, strong and moral. It is going to have an impact on our community.

During one of the speeches someone said something about being "the class of 2008" and I started remembering way back. Back to a time when (skinny) Donnie and I were laying in bed with a squirmy little infant in between us. We were in such awe of him and started counting the years to see what year he would graduate. Sure, it seemed exciting, but I never realized that this day would actually get here, and certainly not as fast as it came.

We had a great time tonight and we are so proud of all the graduates and so proud of Drew. Congratulations, Drew! We love you!

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Congratulations, Drew! And what great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Jackie said...

Sniff, sniff. You're not helping one little bit. I was crying for our graduates this year in anticipation of next year when my oldest graduates from high school. I'm right there with you. How did it happen so fast? It wasn't supposed to happen at all! And why in the world does the potty-training stage last SO LONG!!!

Lisa said...

Congrats Drew!!! The best of luck in the military...

Carina said...

Yea Drew!


My oldest is about to start pre-k this next fall.

Actual graduation seems so far away, yet so close.

Sassyfrazz said...

Those are great pictures, Lisa! You should be proud!

Your post made me cry! Our children grow up so fast.