ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

January 29, 2009

Awwww, that is so sweet!

Donnie has been an amazing help to me the last 10 weeks he has been home from work. (yes! he's been laid off for TEN WEEKS!) I am able to get work done on the computer and he takes care of the kids while I go to work the one day a week that I work. 

We determined that we are now going to get the little two on a schedule. Sam is finally through his waking up screaming in the middle of the night phase, and Donnie no longer comes home so late at night that we need to let them stay up late to spend time with him. (or eat supper at 8pm)

Yesterday Donnie had some work to do in his job search so I was going to put Sam down for his nap. I attempted to let him watch TV all snuggled in his blankie, but that didn't work. (It never does) Nope, I had to go lay him down in bed. 

Donnie says:
He'll fight you for about 10 minutes, but then he'll stop crying and roll over and give in. 

Awwww! He's been home 10 weeks and he's already giving me advice on how to put Sam down for a nap! Isn't that just adorable! Rather than being annoyed, since I've been giving Sam naps for 2 years, I thought it was cute because he's been doing it and found a way to get Sam down without me. 

For the record, it doesn't take me 10 minutes to get Sam to stop crying and give in. He holds out longer with Donnie because he's a greenhorn nap-giver, he just might cave, you know. 

1 people think my kids are qtpies:

Lisa said...

I have to giggle....Mark tries to give me nap advice...I just look at him and say "are you kidding me?" When you put her down for a nap more then once a week you can let me know how you do it... he travels SO MUCH he dosent get to be home to put Princess Crabby pants down to often..I can't blame him he miss's Ms Crabby and wants to baby her but it messes the way I can get down..