ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

October 04, 2012

Texas Qtpies

I wonder if I should change my blog title now. We are now Texans, and there are only 4 Qtpies left at home.
So far this move is going pretty well. The drive was long, and mostly uneventful. Of course there were some moments, but we made it! We had to get a new vehicle for the trip because our old van leaked oil and looked like it was on fire with all the smoke coming out of the engine, so we would have had to stop and let it cool in order to check the oil several times on the trip, IF it even made it to Texas, and it would not have passed inspection here. We got a really nice Envoy with a hitch and a luggage rack, so I towed the fishing boat with me. We couldn't get the running lights to work on the trailer, so at night Donnie would follow me.
One night we stayed at a Wyatt Earp motel. It was something else! lol The next morning I got pulled over because NONE of the lights on the trailer were working. Something had chewed through the cords. Donnie pulled out his tools and reconnected them all on the side of the road, aaaaaaaaaaand still nothing. Not sure what happened, but at least I didn't get pulled over again. The only other incident on the trip was Trinity getting carsick, but even that she managed not to do IN the van.

We left Saturday night, stayed at a hotel in Souix Falls, SD, where we met up with Drew to deliver his wife and daughter back to him. We spent the morning with them and took off about noon. Spent a second night in the motel. Then finally made it home around 3pm on Monday.

The house is absolutely beautiful! We are all in awe of how amazing it is! I really feel like God thinks I am his favorite in this house! lol With our beautiful new-to-us SUV, and this gorgeous house, and this new job that allows us to afford to pay rent, we are just so incredibly blessed!

I am working hard at unpacking. We really left a ton behind so it isn't too bad. But the support board for the bunk beds did not make it, or the screws, so I have to head to the hardware store soon. Pictures will probably go up this weekend and it will start to feel like OUR home.

I am actually meeting a few people here in Texas already, and have 2 parties lined up for Pure Romance. I am confident that it won't be long to get my business back up and running soon! That will be a blessing, too, because I love what I do and I wouldn't want to have my business stop.

The only real problems we are having here in Texas are related to getting the kids in school. It is really difficult to do anything here, and that surprises me. We have to have an official birth certificate to enroll them, which I do not have for 3 of the kids, and we have to get official approval from the state for conscientious objection for immunization. Both the birth certificates and the immunization exemptions could take 30 days or more to receive! So the kids could be out of school for a month! The school doesn't care, which is strange to me since most schools work pretty hard to make sure your child doesn't miss a DAY. And another Texas thing is that I miss the Minnesota nice we left behind. People are not all the pleasant in stores here, or schools, lol.

0 people think my kids are qtpies: