ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

February 07, 2007

Works for me Wednesday- Love, Sweet Love edition



Shannon at Rocks In My Dryer is hosting Works for me Wednesday, stop over for more ideas!

This is the single most effective marriage book ever! It is probably the only book men will enjoy reading to improve their marraige.

Its about giving the love she desperately needs, and giving the respect that he desperately needs. Its a cycle, without love, she acts without repect, without respect, he reacts without love, and on and on it goes. But if you go out of your way to show respect, not love, to your husband, he will MELT with love for you over time. Really! When I tell my husband how much I appreciate his strength and ability to move things I can't move, and how much I admire him for going to work every day if he feels like it or not just to be able to keep me at home with the kids, his chest just puffs right up! And in turn I get lots of love from him, doing those things I hate to do and repairs around the house, and more sweet foot rubs and on and on it goes.

Emerson Eggerichs explains how we hear and see in pink, and men hear and see in blue. I won't ruin his further explaination of that, because it is one of "Oh, wow!" reaction!

I lend my book out all the time. I buy this book for people. I recommend this book and conferences to everyone.

While this author is a Christian, and his ideas are based off of scripture, this book is still a must read for every couple.

One of my favorite things he says is "My response is my responsiblity. Sarah doesn't CAUSE me to be this way, she REVEALS the way I am."

You can see many clips from his conferences on his website loveandrespect.com. This book is worth way more than the cost.

Last year for V-day I bought a heart box of candy, and I took out all the candy, and I even ate lots of it, hehe. I cut out a colored paper heart for each candy spot and wrote 3 categories on them: things I love about him, things I respect about him, and some coupons for free time on the the computer without nagging, etc. I rolled them up and tied with ribbon and put in the candy slots. Almost a year later he still has some of them! He loved it! And the kids and I enjoyed the candy, lol.

Show your husband respect every day from now until V-day, and watch him melt with love for you! Thats what works for me!

Leave me a comment and I'll add you to my post!

1. Nikki
2. Pam
3. The Davenport Dozen
4. dcrmom
5. craftyP
6. Baseballs and Bows

12 people think my kids are qtpies:

Nikki said...

That is a book I'm adding to my want list. I've never heard of it until now. Thanks for your positive review of it.

Nikki ALL OUT Valentine’s Day

Brought to you by Her Majesty Magenta said...

Thank you! I read all the time and I have never seen this one. I am so excited to find another book to read that will improve our relationship! Thanks for the Valentines gift to us (the suggestion of the book)! I am going to do your Candy/Appreciation Box thing too. At Christmas my sister found these great wooden advent calendar boxes. Ours is red and the numbers are painted on the outside of each door. I wrote something I appreciated about my hubby and each of my kids and slipped them inside each day. They loved it. And I am seeing, by what you say about that book, that is probably why I got so much help this Christmas. It was the best Christmas I have ever had. (Hubby hates Christmas) Great WFMW!

Mom of thirteen said...

This is an awesome book! We love it! Hubby doesn't have a lot of time to read, but has a long commute, so I got the book on CD for him to listen to, while I read the book at home. He loved it too! I even bought copies for friends and family as gifts because it is such a good book!

Your heart box of candy is a cute idea! Just wish I could eat the candy out of it. Rats! Oh, guess I could let the kids eat it instead of me - lol!

thanks,
jerri

Anonymous said...

My husband manages a family bookstore and he likes me to review things for him now and then. He brought home this book the other day but I haven't gotten a chance to read it yet, I'm even more anxious to start it now :). I loved reading your review, I'll have to show it to him. I loved the candy box idea too!

Musings of a Housewife said...

Great ideas! Thanks! And thanks for visiting today.

Crafty P said...

I love a good book rec. I think I just saw this in a Family Bookstore mailer, too.
I will definitely check it out.

I love the heart shaped box idea, too.

Gosh, I've read so many great ideas today, now to narrow it all down!!!

Blessings,
Christina

donna said...

I love the candy box idea BUT my DH would expect the candy as well. He has a huge sweet tooth so I couldn't get away with eating the candy, LOL.

BTW, thanks for stopping by my blog today via the momblogs site.

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of that book before, but I will find it! Also, I noticed you like Beverly Lewis and Jeannette Oke. I love their books too! I am just now reading the Love Comes Softly series. Thanks for the recommendation!

Staci said...

Can't wait to buy this book and read it. Thanks!

The Estrogen Files said...

Wow! Great idea on the Val-day gift. I'm gonna "steal" it for my own. Personally, I liked the book Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands by Dr Laura. I'm going to see about getting your recommended one, too.

Angel321 said...

I have been brain storming about what to do for my hubby for Valentine's. He is not a fan of chocolate, as I am, and it seems that all the cute searcy (Carolina term meaning "small gift") valentine's out there is for women.

So, I know that Ben will love this, so I am taking your idea if you do not mind. I think I will buy this book for him too. We try to read together when we can, so this will be a great book to read together.

Thanks so much, you have already made Valentine's better for me!

I have recently discovered Michael Smalley's blog (Gary Smalley's son)
Crashintolove.com Very good, you may be interested!

Pieces said...

I love this book too. I am in a book group of about 30 women that are reading it and it is amazing how it is changing lives. Some women are having a hard time with it but others are seeing huge improvements in their marriage.