ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

March 01, 2007

100 Things about me

I missed my 100th post! I don't know how I did that, I saw it was coming, but wasn't paying that close of attention. Of course since I've only been blogging for about 6 months, I can say that I must be pretty windy, lol.

1. I'm became a Christian in 1993.
2. I've seen a demon. It was when I was a 6th grader. I was definately hanging out with the wrong friend, her sister was into some deep, dark stuff.
3. My parents divorced when I was 3. It was hard, and I don't think I gave up on them getting back together until I was at least in my early-mid 20s.
4. I've lived in more homes than I can count. I know its been more than 30 homes. Three states and two countries.
5. I've always wanted to have a large family, I just didn't see it going past 5 kids.
6. Now I don't see it going past 8 kids, but I really hope I have 9, because I want to have twins.
7. I really, really want to have twins, I won't stop wanting to have babies until I've had twins. I pray for it with every pregnancy, even after the baby comes out, I wait for a surprise baby to show up every time.
8. I had a hard time in school growing up. I couldn't even manage the B honor roll.
9. I went to a year of college when I was 32, and I left with a 3.98! What happened?!
10. I'm very leary of vaccines, hate them, but I absolutely think it needs to be a parent's choice. Never the governments.
11. I need close friends in my life. I just feel horrible when I don't have one.
12. I'm way too addicted to my computer.
13. I'm seriously addicted to cloth diaper shopping!
14. Oh, I can't stop talking about cloth diapers! I know my friends want to smack me.
15. My husband had a vasectomy while I was pregnant with our fifth child.
16. I wanted him to get it reversed a couple years later.
17. He laughed at me.
18. God told him to get it reversed.
19. I have two reversal babies now!
20. The reversal was amazing! I even got to watch in the microscope and help hold dh's skin back while the doctor worked because his nurse was puking from her chemo.
21. The doctor's wife and 1yo grandson were standing in the door to the surgery room talking to us. It was great!
22. I love watching Scrubs.
23. I'm really close friends with my mom.
24. I think there is only one thing I'm keeping from her. Which keeps it off my blog, lol. Hi, mom!
25. Oh my gosh, I'm only 1/4 of the way through this list!
26. I have a mean sense of humor, according to my dh. I love watching people fall, get balls in the groin, whacked in the head, etc.
27. I like to scare people.
28. My dd15 is scared to open the bathroom door now.
29. My husband accidentally scared me so badly that I screamed and screamed and screamed, then laughed and cried on the adrenaline for 30 minutes.
30. I thought it was absolutely THE best scare ever!
31. My dd15 thinks I need mental help.
32. I dropped my kids off for church one Sunday and came back home for some cakes that I didn't want stepped on by them. I walked in and saw a man standing in my kitchen. I screamed. My son sat there eating his cereal looking at me, trying to figure out why I was screaming at him. I forgot he was still home before going to work.
33. It was also an awesome scare!
34. I don't like chocolate.
35. I can't stop eating chocolate. Every day I must eat it.
36. Now that we've had the vasectomy reversed, we are quiverful, meaning we won't ever prevent pregnancy again. No birth control, and no sterilization.
37. I'm only 35, so that is scarey to me. I could have 10 more kids!
38. I trust God. He won't give me more than I can handle and afford.
39. Every time we have had another child, God has increased our income and living situation so that we could easily handle it.
40. I love Diet Coke and Diet Dr. Pepper.
41. I love my friends! Sheree, Jody, Sarah, you guys are my best friends, and I thank God for you guys! You have all 3 filled a spot in me in a very lonely time and place, and I know that you are all God-give to me.
42. I love cats, but we've rarely had cats we could stand since we've been married.
43. Dogs are not my thing. But I love our hero!
44. When I was a junior in high school I told my German teacher I would live in Germany when I got out of high school.
45. I got pregnant in high school, and had my first child on the date we had planned for our wedding!
46. We moved to Germany after I graduated. I didn't know we'd be moving there when I said that to my teacher!
47. I had 3 kids in Germany.
48. I moved there preggo, and left there preggo.
49. I started a crisis pregnancy center in Germany. But I've never set foot in it.
50. I'm only half way through this list!
51. I don't like hugs. I tolerate them, and am even not uncomfortable with some people, Sarah. She knows, but she hugs me anyways, and I'm glad.
52. I have some very smart kids. Drew is VERY intelligent, like Harvard smart, but still not very smart.
53. Kaytlin is an A honor roll student all the time, she works so hard and it amazes me.
54. Devon is smart, but doesn't get the grades, he is injured from vacinnes. He is very smart, but the processing goes too slow. He is an awesome athlete.
55. I wet the bed until preteens.
56. God has a way of showing me whats going on in my family just when I need to know it, and it is always amazing to me how things unfold so perfectly.
57. I HATE doing dishes.
58. Gosh, this is hard!
59. I don't drink milk, so I give myself to eat as much ice cream as I want so I get my calcium.
60. I am really, really tired of cleaning up Trinity's poo*py. Will it ever end?
61. Why is it all my kids are nose pickers?
62. I am petrified of spiders.
63. I will call my husband to come home from work to kill one.
64. He won't come home and kill it.
65. I see even a tiny spider smaller than an M&M and I get nauseated.
66. I can't even touch a dead one with a bunched up paper towel.
67. Don't ask me to touch the picture of the spider, I don't find that funny.
68. Ticks are arachnids, I can't touch those either, even when they are on my child.
69. My husband is my high school sweetheart.
70. I met him at 14, started dating him at 15, and we've been married just about 18 years!
71. Sometimes he irritates the bejeebers out of me.
72. We do NOT have the same sense of humor. At all.
73. We thought my family was psycho and needed mental help when we got married.
74. Now that we know his family better, we think mine is close to normal. And I call my mom's family reunion the "Looney bin", so you can guess how strange his family is. The just seem normal. (they don't read my blog, whaaahahaaa)
75. If you relatives on mom's side are reading this, you have to admit its like a looney bin over there.
76. My cousin Debbie used to babysit my brother Shane and I and her two sisters, Dori and Nicky. Shane never got in trouble cause she loved him more. So we had it out for her. And Shane.
77. My favorite game when I was about 8th grade, was called Dunk-a-Shane. I used to sing that song "duncashein, darling duncashein", as I would dunk my brother Shane in the pool over and over and over.
78. Shane didn't like that game. He's even blocked it out of his memory, lol.
79. I am a ball magnet. If there is a ball flying through the air, it will be sucked right to my head.
80. I have 4 brothers. I know a lot about flying balls.
81. I love blogging. But this is not easy.
82. I still miss my grandpa who died in 1988. I cry when I think of him the last few years.
83. I really like jewelry. Very often when my dh gives me jewelry, I get pregnant at the same time.
84. Three of my kids were concieved at the same time I got jewelry. My engagement ring: Drew. Third anniversary ring: Devon. Valentine's Day bracelet and earrings: Samuel. The other jewelry I've recieved from him was during the years he had a vasectomy.
85. I got jewelry this year for Valentines Day. We'll have to wait and see what happens.........
86. I saw Willie Nelson when we were camping when I was a kid.
87. He camped in a teepee, and he was bar-b-queing a tarantula when we left. I don't know if he ate it or not.
88. I love cloth diapers! I hope I have a girl soon so I can buy some cute girly dipes!
89. I turned 25 TEN YEARS AGO. That hit me hard this week. Not that 35 bothers me, but that 25 was that long ago is just amazing.
90. Its really, really neat to have a child way taller than I am who needs to shave, and having a newborn baby boy at the same time. Gosh, it is just amazing!
91. I am really strict with my kids about some things, but I am not very good at sticking to discipline in other things.
92. I won't allow dating, but I won't stick to a grounding about not doing chores.
93. I hate being outside. I don't care how nice it is outside.
94. I hate camping. Its outside, and there are spiders and ticks.
95. I love reading romance novels. Jeanette Oke and Beverly Lewis are my favorite authors.
96. I've always been really strong emotionally. Now I cry at the thought of my dd15 growing up and moving away from me, which isn't even close to happening!
97. I love tourist traps! Bring on the souveniors!
98. Donnie loves a quiet log cabin in the woods. Complete opposites.
99. I like playing cards and board games.
100. I love my God, my family, my friends, my church, my community. I am very happy in life right now.

Whew. I didn't think I was going to get that done!

9 people think my kids are qtpies:

yofed said...

Wow! You did it! :) 100 is too much for me to write... I really liked #39, it gives me hope in the future! :)

The Estrogen Files said...

ROTFL!! I don't think I could handle 100 things about me. I might be able to come up with, say, five? You so funny!

Meeting up for the giganto blog party, Hallooo!

Amber said...

I don't like camping either! :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have fun being snowed in! :P

*Tanyetta* said...

#31 i'm in the same boat :)

Brought to you by Her Majesty Magenta said...

What a great way to get to know you better. I love that you want twins. I always thought I would too. And I dont know that I love to be scared but people love to scare me cause I look right at them and scream and scream. I cant stop. hehe. Great list. And you did it!

Janean said...

You know what was funny for me when I did my 100 things is that I struggled through it and then, on the LAAAAST one, I thought of about 10 more things I wanted to say all at once. :D
My sister has 7, too, 2 girls and 5 boys. But I think they are quitting now.
Just wanted to let you know I read it.

Anonymous said...

I'm reading thru your 100 list, and 39 is definately what I needed to read. I to always wanted twins actually wanted twins since the age of 12(i know scary for my mom ;), always my dream to be a mom and have a family.

thank for stopping by my blog and what a beautiful family you have. I am actually one of 9 kids and love a big family.

Lauren said...

Wow!!!! 7 kids. Boy, do I feel off to a slow start! I'm 30 and have just 1 precious daughter. My bil and sil gave hubby and I the book "The Full Quiver" for a gag wedding gift... it's in a box somewhere. Funny thing is, 8 years later, God has been changing my heart about birth control without reading the book!

Loved your list!!! Maybe I'll do that some day... I alreay passed my 100th post, though.

Happy blog partying!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing a little about you.
The 100 things is really not that easy to get together...