ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

June 06, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #20

Thirteen things I found in my garage while getting it cleaned for a yard sale.

1. A Tupperware soup bowl with scary stuff on the side, and it was heavy, indicating that something was inside. (our kids cleaned Donnie's car and instead of bringing everything in the house, they put it in a trash bag and put it in the garage!)
2. A Footloose soundtrack tape! My kids didn't want me to play it. (plus about 50 tapes from Quixtar business)
3. 12 missing screwdrivers.
4. A disposable camera that hadn't been developed yet. (that should be interesting!)
5. A Pampered Chef rubber scraper that I have been missing for 2 years! It was in the camping stuff.
6. The book "Stone Soup" which gives us all a giggle.
7. A box of letters that I had written to my dad when we lived far away. In one letter I was describing to my dad how we were watching a video he sent of their Christmas and Drew said "That's a silly grandpa, he's got no hair!"
8. A little ceramic shoe with a pink base with my name and birth date on it.
9. My wedding invitation, napkins, and bulletin.
10. Spiders. Umm, I hate spiders. But I didn't scream even once! That is an amazing feat for me, because a spider touching me could send me to a therapist. (or more likely for the vicodin and a nap after my screaming and crying jag.)
11. Tons and tons and tons of outgrown clothes that I have planned to donate, go through, get out for summer/winter, the next baby.....
12. Tons and tons and tons of shoes, boots, skates. (I can't believe we have that many pairs in the garage since we have WAY too many in the house that we don't even wear.)
13. A bunch of toys we haven't played with in a long time!

And I'm not even close to clean in there. I could do many more TT's on this. And I saved you all from the horror by not taking pics. The soup bowl had refried beans in it. Or it looked like it, but the dead bugs in there could have made something else look like that??? It was scary, I tell you!
***UPDATE***
We turned in 55lbs of cans and made $45!!!! So even if we don't make much in the yard sale, we'll have a cleaner garage and at least $45!






26 people think my kids are qtpies:

Crimson Wife said...

Too funny! Considering all the junk we found when sorting through our stuff prior to our last move for our family of 4 (so far), I can't imagine all the stuff you must have for your family of 9!

Bernie said...

Thanks for stopping by our blog...
Isn't it amazing how much 'junk' can be accumilated!!! Especially in Tuppaware containers!!!
As you know, our first TT is on our website as well...
http://burntofferings.blogspot.com/
Cheers
Bernie

pussreboots said...

Cleaning out storage is always an adventure. Happy TT.

Unknown said...

what neat things your found. we are about to clean out ours for a garage sale as well!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Pics would have been a hoot. Always interesting what we find when we're doing big-time cleaning out!

Happy TT, and thanks for visiting my blog. :)

Miscellaneous-Mum said...

I LOVE a good garage sale. Good luck!

Lori said...

One persons trash is anothers treasure:)

Carolan Ivey said...

Yeah, what is it with all the old shoes we keep? When we moved last year, I think I threw out 20 pairs!

Anonymous said...

Love this list! You never know what you'll find when you're doing a clean up job like that!

Kat said...

LOL I was cleaning out our basement and i found no less then 10 screwdrivers. Why I ask you why!

JAM said...

Sounds like my garage. Lovely Wife will sit and say to one another, "We NEED to clean out the garage." "Yep. Sure do. Could you turn the TV up just a bit? Thanks." and it never gets done.

I loved the story Stone Soup when I was a kid. Captain Kangaroo used to read it on the show from time to time.

Darla said...

Congrats on your spider-bravery! It's almost like an archaeological dig cleaning out the garage/closet/kids' rooms.... Wonder if we could get a grant if we wrote a report on it? :)

Janet said...

#10 sounds like me LOL!

Susan Demeter said...

#1 is scary! Like an entire universe could be growing in there! Yikes! I'm afraid to do a big clean up like that. I know I've probably got a few different universe evolving in old tupperware used for the kids lunches over here too!

Happy TT!

Unknown said...

I have to clean out my garage this summer too. I should probably start doing it this weekend...but the idea scares me...

Emma Wayne Porter said...

I wouldn't even wanna know what's in our garage. But I do have to say I love nothing better than finding one of those undeveloped disposable cameras.

Hope it turns up something good =)

Unknown said...

You are braver than I if you dared enter your garage!

Cindy Swanson said...

Our garage very much needs cleaning, and I dread what we'll find! Great list. :)

Anonymous said...

Those all like great things to find (except the spiders)! I love reading old letters.
I just went through all the kids toys. It's amazing how much stuff accumulates.
Awesome job turning in your cans!

Norma said...

It's amazing what stuff we keep and store, isn't it. Good job!

My TT is up.

Special K ~Toni said...

Kinda scared to clean mine out now!

FalnAngel7 said...

Oh, Footloose was an awsome soundtrack. I had the tape too way back when - its one of the few that haven't gotten replaced by a CD.

byoc said...

What? I just bought you that Pampered Chef spatula to replace your lost one.

Carina said...

Oh my goodness! That is one amazing garage! Did you find Waldo?

Anonymous said...

I am a bit scared to get into our garage! Great list!

Jeannine said...

In the future, when something goes missing, you can always the the garage took it!
Fun List.