ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

July 07, 2007

Trinity does it again!

No, she did not play in her excrement again, lol. We appear to have gotten through that, though every time I say that she does it again. So, we'll see about that in a few days......
My 5yo niece is staying with me for a week, she's almost 6, and I'm going to try to keep her another week, but fighting her mom could be scary, lol. This has been an easy week for me, Hope-Anne and Trinity have been playing constantly with Morgan! They are up late at night, and sleep in until 11am, lol. (My sister does not read my blog, so I can admit to all sorts of this stuff!)
Last night the three of them were sitting on pillows with their feet in the pillow cases and sliding down the stairs. (again, glad my sister doesn't read this!) They were having so much fun! But it was getting close to 11pm so we told them to get ready for bed, and they begged for "one more ride" down the stairs. Well, ok, of course, but just one more time.
Then we hear Trinity falling down the stairs, she's obviously not going down correctly and is screaming. We run to the stairs and pick her up. I took her in the bathroom for some better lighting to see if she is hurt. She has blood on her bottom teeth, so we were searching for where she got hurt. It took some time, but we located a tiny scratch inside her bottom lip. She was crying as we were looking for her owie, then she says, while still in tears "I need to do it again!"
Oh my heart! This child is a female Devon.
Devon had been sitting in the living room while they were sliding down the stairs saying how dumb it was to do that. But when Trinity got hurt and then wanted to do it again, he agreed to do that stupid (that means boring to him) stunt with her so she wouldn't get hurt. He gets to the bottom of the stairs and decides that's a sweet ride, and he does it again!
If the bottom of the stairs did not lead directly to a WALL, I could see them throwing themselves down the stairs like it was a Slip and Slide.

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

byoc said...

Your sister may not read your blog, but I do - I'll have to make sure Devon doesn't teach my wards how to slide down the stairs in pillowcases. lol

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha...kids...

Julie said...

That sounds like so much fun. I might have to try it myself. lol.

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of when I was a kid. A friend of mine had a narrow staircase that ended in a wall (it was an old house). We used to start on the bottom step and jump off, working our way up the stairs higher and higher to see who could jump the furthest. My friend had mastered pushing her hands and feet against the wall to wedge herself in before jumping to the bottom 14 or 15 stairs below. I was never brave enough to do that.