ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 19, 2007

My game with the teens

In order to gain teenage workers in the technical and sound boards at church (otherwise known as the audio visual guys) I was to make an announcement to the youth group. Well, I knew that a bunch of teens didn't want to listen to me, so I had to do something interesting.
I called up 5 boys that run the system. I then pulled out $1 and said that I would give it to whomever can tell me what the people standing up on stage had in common. They're all boys? Nope, I am not a boy! All sorts of guesses, everyone has blue eyes, everyone is wearing a shirt, blah blah blah, lol. No one got that we could all run the computer system. Not even the boys I called up.
I wanted to show them that you didn't need to be a certain type of person (computer nerd) to learn it. I told them how these boys now have something wonderful to put on their college apps and resumes. Trying to entice them into a mentorship.
I hope it works!

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you got their attention in a way they weren;t expecting.

Unknown said...

OK, I gotta get caught up on your blog! Your life sounds like mine!!! How was Beverly Lewis? I'd love to hear about it.

Mrs. Stam said...

Let us know how it goes!

cindy kay said...

Most teen boys I know are just itching to get their hands onto the technical-electrical-gadgety stuff, so surely that'll do it. Good luck!

Kathy in WA said...

I love your visual announcement! What a great idea. You could have offered $25 and still have been safe. Ha!

I'm sure you will have some more interested helpers.

Duckabush Blog