ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 19, 2007

Washers, boogers, and teens, Oh My!

I subbed for our church secretary today. That is always fun. I love working at the church. My bosses are not insane, and believe me, that is a problem, I've had insane bosses before.
Tomorrow and Friday I babysit, which I love doing.
And then Monday I'm back at the church.

Tonight I am going to attempt to gain my husband some help in the technical aspect of his job at church. I'm going to speak to the teens and try to coax them into WANTING to work the cameras and computer. Yes, I think they will want to do it! I'm going to first gain their attention. Because they ARE teens, they will not want to pay attention to what a 36yo woman has to say, right? I am going to play a little game with them. I'll blog about it if it goes well.

Yesterday I took my abundance of laundry to the laundromat. I took pics, I'll have to upload them when I have a chance. (yeah, right!) But seriously, I counted washing machines, and I used 18. They are much smaller than I would do for a load in my washer, though. It is weird, I thought they would have larger washers. I did decide I do not want a front loader. I'm too stupid to have one. I would load up the soap and start it without putting the clothes in and then I wouldn't be able to get the clothes in until it was done. Really. I often start loads and then find things to add to it, I couldn't do that if I had a front loader.
I also found out that I am the worst person for stained clothes. Why?? Because everyone wipes their noses, faces, hands, feet, boogers, food, drinks, all over me when they touch me, hug me, steal my food and chug my soda. Then add my own natural grace at eating, and it is a recipe for disaster. I'm going to go all black. Black sweat clothes.

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

Mrs. Stam said...

lol your life is always interesting!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope your idea works!

Unknown said...

black clothes are best for hiding stains, but how about the makeup granny gets on you or the green, slimy snot that dries shiny? Yuck!!! BTW, my dad is a pastor, my mom's the piano player/worship coordinator, my husband's a deacon, I'm a SS teacher---I know all about working at the church. It IS nice.

JAM said...

That's why lots of the women I grew up around wore a "house dress" all day. If they had to leave the house, they'd throw on some real clothes, but they house dress got all the boogers and stains.

Smaller washers in the laundromat means more quarters for the owner.