ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

October 01, 2007

What a way to cheer me up!

I've been kind of bummed today. Ok, so the furnace will be fixed pretty inexpensively, as long as there is only one problem. And we did get one vehicle working. We still have my van and my car out of commission. The washer and dryer are done for, I have a smaller washer to get me through, thankfully. The freezer was not freezing, but now the whole thing went. No more fridge either. And we were going to get another car last night, but our brother in law is psycho and decided AFTER we left to go pick it up that we can't come get it because he's afraid that he will be liable if we get in an accident on the way home, even though we'd have paid him, taken possession of the vehicle AND had insurance on it. Nothing we said could convince him otherwise. I checked with insurance and they said that is a purchase agreement and it would absolutely be our liability even thought the title would still be in his name for a few days.

Now I had the appliance repairman out and he said the fridge is dead. Great. He didn't seem to even want to fix the dryer and washer, which I just don't understand. The dryer needs a motor, $60, way cheaper than a new large capacity dryer, helloooo. And the washer only needs a belt! But he is so completely pessimistic about those, too. (he called back and sounds much more optimistic!)

So, I'm pretty much in tears. However, I checked my junk mail today, which I always do, and I found these two emails:

1. You have won a $25 Best Buy Gift Card for participating in the contest athttp://www.iwantmysamples.com I think you may have won twice LOL. I know you won one of them but my daughter also pulled out momsblogging.com and from the looks of it you posted that one too. Let me know if I'm wrong.
2. Congratulations! You are the winner in my Learning Tower contest. Looking at your blog, it seems like you could use one for your little ones! I hope you enjoy it! I really want one, too! Naomi http://superdumbsupervillain.blogspot.com/
I am completely blown away. I've kind of been on a role at these contests again. I won a nursing necklace, a HUGE scrapbook package, a t-shirt, some baby clothing, a pendant (which I can't wait to get!), and some other things, too. I know, crazy!
I was so amazed when I got the Best Buy win because we ALWAYS buy Christmas presents and gift certificates from them. And we always get them, too, since Donnie's brother works there, lol.
But the Learning Tower win blows me away. I wouldn't have even checked back to see if I won that one, because I never even dared actually HOPE I'd win it.

I'm off to get ready for my stamp club meeting! That will be relaxing and fun, just what I need.

6 people think my kids are qtpies:

Carina said...

Maybe you should take up high-stakes poker. It sounds like you're on a roll, as long as you don't bet any large appliances or vehicles you should be fine.

Mrs. Stam said...

Wow those are very nice win! Praise God! He knew you needed those!

I wish we would live closer my husdand would fix your washer/dryer/car/furnaise in no time (that is one of the many reason I married him!)

Sassyfrazz said...

Congratulations! That is great! I know your little ones will love playing on the tower...or in it, however you set it up!! Great win! You lucky gal....things will look up...and God will bless the socks off you again...just watch!~

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are able to be blessed by so many different prize winnings. You deserve to have some kind of sparklies in your day, when there are so many other stressors in your life. I haven't won anything for months. You really are on a roll with winning. Congratulations.

www.northofthe49.com

Anonymous said...

Well, we nicknamed my daughter Angel Tess when she was little so maybe she had some help from above pulling out both your entries.

I'm so glad you won, it really sounds like you need it. Congratulations again.

Melissa

Stacey said...

i just want you to know how i am always amazed at your mostly :) positive attitude despite all the things that keep kaputing on you!