ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

November 03, 2007

Beverly Lewis's The Parting

Have I mentioned meeting Beverly Lewis? Did I mention she read my blog and sent me an email? I didn't? Well she did.

Ok, enough name dropping and bragging.

I finally got to reading her new book, The Parting. It is book one, so I'm left wanting. The book is about Nellie Mae's falling in love and the disruption to her family and Amish community by many families being saved. There is a bit of mystery in the book, which we do find out about. But the ending is not satisfying, I need to find out what happens next.
This is why I refused to read the Left Behind series until there were many, many books written! I don't like waiting for the next book for a year until I can get answers!
I love Beverly Lewis' writing style. I love that it is about the Amish, but also that my daughters can read this and be encouraged about not being physical before they are married. Not just sex, but not even kissing before marriage. The times it does happen in the books, you see why it shouldn't, and when it doesn't happen, you can see why it shouldn't happen and why it is such a blessing to wait. You really truly don't know that you will marry until the vows are said. No regrets that way.
Oh, this isn't a courtship post! haha!
This is a great book, as usual, but not my favorite series so far. I can't choose between Annie's People and Abram's Daughters, they are the best series of books I have ever read.
I highly recommend this book, and any by Beverly Lewis.

(this is not sponsored in any way, I just love her books, bought it myself and had to share!)

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

Wendy said...

I'd have to go with Abram's daughters myself. I was so anxious for that final installment!

Unknown said...

Hi, this is Erica over at Butterfly Kisses. I wanted you to know that you have won the free blog design.
Go ahead and email me at
butterflykissesblog(AT)gmail(DOT)com
so I can have your email address. And then I will email you to get the design process started. :o)
Congratulations! I can't wait to start working on your blog design. It will be fun!

Anonymous said...

I've read all the books except this one. Time to get it from the library!

Shana said...

Oh, my pick is Abram's Daughters! I haven't read this one yet, I am asking for it for Christmas though! And congrats on the blog make-over. Can't wait to see it!!! :o)