ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

December 22, 2007

I'm behind, as usual

I haven't signed or addressed my Christmas cards yet! LOL I have done them for local friends, and my family we just give them to each other on Christmas. But the rest of the people I send to? Not gonna get it in time. But I guess that is fine, since only a couple of people sent me a card this year. Which is strange since I usually get a lot of cards. Maybe everyone is behind this year? Or people only send me a card if I send one first?
I could get a complex if I thought through this too hard.

Tonight is our home Christmas. We were trying to figure out when we'd open our gifts to each other. Sunday we are going to Donnie's family. Monday Donnie works, so the kids and I are going to my dad's and Donnie will join us in the evening and we'll stay for Christmas Day. Donnie works Christmas Day, too, but is going to be able to work from home, so he will be at my dad's but could be busy working. So, even though Donnie works today, he will be home early, like 6pm, so we'll cook up our Christmas goose and have a nice supper and open presents here.
Donnie's dad is in town, so we are going to have him over, but otherwise it is just us. He will enjoy watching the kids open their presents.
Oh, speaking of Phillip, he is so funny. Every time Donnie goes over there to check on him he makes Donnie take gas money. He lives 3 blocks away. His apartment window looks right down our street. He also wasn't going to go to his daughter's house for Christmas because he doesn't have gas money. He also doesn't have a working car! We are going, we are taking him. I think he just doesn't want to ever leave the house. Like tonight. He doesn't want us to come get him if the weather is bad. It is snowing, so we might not be able to get him. Three blocks away. But I know he wants to have some Christmas Goose.

It looks like a winter wonderland here. There is already close to an inch of snow! At 8am. Let me clarify. An inch MORE snow than there already was. We haven't had this much snow on Christmas in years and years! Love it! (as long as I don't have to go out it in, I like to look out the window at it)

Oh, and last night I found out a good friend of mine is going to have a baby, and I am rooting for an August 5th birthday. She could name her Lisa, too, if she wanted. But she already has a name picked out, so that probably won't happen. Ohh, she could name her Sarah Lisa, that flows nicely! Doesn't it, Sarah? Oh, yes, that is what Jody should name her new little baby!
I'm so glad I am going to be able to get my baby fix. I need one!

Ok, off to get things ready for all our Christmas celebrations coming up! I have to find and wash clothes for everyone to pack them. Clean the house for tonight. Prepare the food, including figuring out plum pudding since Donnie wants it and I don't want to make it but should. I have a little bit of shopping left to do, but I think it will have to wait, Donnie said I couldn't leave town. (because of the snow) I have some more wrapping to do. I'm not sure what I have for stocking stuffers. I'll probably have to bring those to my dad's.

Oh, we don't do Santa, but my step-mom always does it for us. This year Trinity found out about Santa and thinks he's coming. I couldn't tell her the truth because I babysit and they believe. I'm kind of ignoring Santa, but she'll be getting a Santa present at Grandpa's house. I won't have to disappoint her. (I'm not allowed to poo-poo Santa at Grandma's) I think last year she even hired a Santa to come give us gifts. And made all of us sit on his lap. That was funny. My brothers and my husband were all friends with the guy in high school, so they plopped right on him. I wonder if she'll do it this year. She usually warns me because I don't do Santa.
Ok, enough rambling. I need to get dressed before my goose gets delivered and I'm in a robe that doesn't have a tie.

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

michelle said...

You could always just give up on cards, as I have done. I have held a "no cards" policy (birthday, Christmas, whatever) for a number of years now. Postage is very expensive, cards can be expensive, and most people just throw them away. The ones that really bother me are when people go through so much cost just to sign their name on the bottom of the card...no personal message, letter, updated photo, or anything. I always figure, "Why bother, if that is all you are going to do?" Oops! You aren't one of those "just sign your name people" are you? I really hope not, though if you are, perhaps even moreso you should consider letting cards go.

I was talking with someone one time about the "no cards" policy, because they didn't give cards either. The person mentioned to me that she can send a really good chocolate bar for $1-$2, less money than most cards cost, plus it fits in an envelope. You have to pay a little extra to mail it, since it is bulky and needs to be hand-cancelled, but it still wouldn't cost as much as a $4 card. That would be a far better holiday or birthday greeting for me than the standard Halmark card would be. I would love to start doing that for friends of mine. I am sure they would all appreciate it more than a card any day.

Michelle

Sassyfrazz said...

Ha ha ha~ I don't have cards done either. I am only going to give them to close friends and my family members. OH well~ My intentions were good...maybe I will send them in the summer for next year. I have thought of just mailing them after Christmas. There should be sales on stamps after Christmas...there are sales on everything else!

I hope you and your family have a great celebration! Have fun with your familys and be safe! *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd point out that a little boy with the name of Sarah Lisa might be a little confused ;)

Jessica said...

Merry Christmas to your family. We started our Christmas festivities today and will continue until Christmas Day. I'm looking forward to it! I have been behind this year as well. I just finished wrapping for tomorrow's gifts and am procrastinating cleaning for tomorrow's guests. Oh well...it will be a great Christmas regardless of how clean my home is! :)

Sassyfrazz said...

hmmm...maybe I will get those Christmas cards done this week...or just wait with them until next year! LOL~

That's where I get stuck.