ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

January 14, 2008

I'm back from the couples retreat!


Wow, that was a week of crazy, busy fun.

We went to Trout Lake Camp up north somewhere. It is a Baptist run campground. The staff was amazing, the food was amazing, the activities were a blast, and the company was great!

I not only went tubing, I went down the steep jump and had air time. I did! I know, it was outside, it was in the snow, and it was active, but I did it!



I did not play broom ball or floor hockey, I'm just not good around flying objects, trust me, but after seeing everyone who played walk around like Frankenstiens I decided I made the right choice to sit around the fire place knitting.

I watched broomball. Oh, these Christian brothers and sisters of mine, they are not so nice on the ice. There was knocking down, smacking with sticks, shoving into snowbanks, groping was going on (not on purpose, though, lol), heads smashing into the ice, someone even did the splits! It was rough. And you know, the old foggies were the mean ones.

And you know we played Quelf, of course. Well, we found a couple of new cards this time. And I am really amazed that Mary, the sweet piano teacher who could be my mother, actually was so competitive that she gave herself a wedgie and left it for the rest of the game so she could avoid the penalty. Oh, yes, she did. I had to put at least 5 ice cubes down my pants and leave them there until I rolled a 6. Which I did on the first roll, thankfully! But the best part was this really funny guy that I really didn't know well before this weekend, he had to ask his foot permission to speak before he said anything longer than 3 words. Well, that wasn't the hardest part for him, he didn't like having his foot say "Permission Granted" in a high pitched voice. Oh, but we did! So he perfected the fine art of 3 word sentences. He couldn't stop laughing at Betty slapping her knee and saying Wacca, wacca, wacca whenever anyone laughed. Thankfully those two cards distracted everyone from my rule, because I'd have stayed at the start with Tony if people were paying attention to me.




We drew a crowd with our laughing and crazy antics. But the best part was this guy, Gary. He was watching us like watching a train wreck. He was horrified and couldn't look away. After Mary gave herself the wedgie, Gary grabbed her card and started reading it. "Did you see what the card said? Did you see what else is on here? She can't take the wedgie out the whole game! And you guys can check to make sure she has it! That is so wrong! Oh my gosh, that is so wrong! You should throw this card away!" We, of course, were not going to check the wedgie status, but hey, she gave herself one, and we had a great laugh about it! She did end up winning the game, too. Little miss competitive's last card of the game, the winning card was having all of us compliment her sincerely. Well, she is such an amazing person that it would not have ended, so we decided she had won the game. I'm sure her husband enjoyed the prize, too, since he didn't win. His hardest cards were singing.

Oh, and Mary knits, too, and she helped me a ton and let me use her favorite needles. I am so excited to have actually made a scarf! I learned to knit about 2 weeks ago.

8 people think my kids are qtpies:

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

pleased you had a great time

Jen

Julie said...

Sounds like great fun. How wonderful you got to get away.

Unknown said...

SOunds like a fabulous time! Im so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa, I'm glad to hear you had a lot of fun! You didn't miss much at Ladies night out...in fact is was the earliest one ever. There were only 3 of us in attendance and we all went home at 10:30. I guess it just wasn't a party without you!!LOL!

Anyway, can't wait to hear "the rest of the story"...see ya in a few hours!

Unknown said...

Wow, it looks like you had SO MUCH FUN!!! I'm jealous. :-) It's times like those that cement relationships and I'm glad you had these wonderful days! (AND got some knitting done!)

Unknown said...

That sounds like a blast.
That definitely sounds like an interesting card game, never heard of it.

You have been added to the Magnificent Mamas blogroll today, and I apologize, but you have also been tagged.

Me said...

What a great time!! It was such a fun group!!

Sassyfrazz said...

I am glad you had a GREAT time! See, you needed the weekend away with hubby! I love the pic of you kissing him! So, cute! I am a bit envious of the fun weekend away (Terry and I really could use a break away with one another)...and playful times in the snow! Snow is fun, huh??