ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

January 19, 2008

My All Star Child

Otherwise known as my favorite child. According to Kaytlin. Who can't talk, Little Miss Daddy's Princess, I get whatever I mention to Daddy that I like.
Ok, not bitter, I'm not bitter. (that's another blog post)
This pic is Devon dressed up for an invitational swim. He looked so handsome. But then he wouldn't smile for me, and the light was bad at 7am, so he actually looks a little homely in the picture.
So, Devon is a swimmer. He is 9th grade on Varsity. He isn't the only one, but he is an exciting addition to the team, if you talk to the coaches. Well, I didn't think too much of it, although I had to admit he was good last year, especially after never having had swim lessons.
But this year, this year I have to admit he is more than just good. He blew me away on Thursday. He took 2nd on the 50 and 3rd on the 100 individuals. But the amazing race was his 100 relay. They came in 4th out of 4, but Devon kicked butt. There were also 2 lanes of JV racing, but it wasn't the against the Varsity. So, when it was Devon's turn, he was the anchor, everyone else was way gone before he dove in. He swam the most gorgeous swim I have ever seen. His strokes were perfect and methodical. But they were FAST. The fastest he has ever swam a race. He caught up and was JUST behind the last person. His team was WAY behind.
I am seeing Olympic Medals around his neck!
Know what he sees? Playing professional football. Waste his life on football when he could be swimming.
Now, if Donnie had a life a blog, he would be saying how great it is Devon wants to play professional football. Total opposites.
Devon is swimming in Virginia, MN today, and I can't wait to hear how he does! I can't go watch, it is really, really far away. So far away that they left at 4:30am, slept on the bus, watched Wayne's World, and still had time to call me while still on the bus, bored.

Next time: Proof that Kaytlin is the Golden Child, not Devon.

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Me said...

Good for Devon, tell him I said congrats!!!!!!

Sassyfrazz said...

That is great that Devon is doing so well! I hope that today went well, and that the whole team stays warm and safe!

Carina said...

Brr! Swimming in winter! (I know it's inside. Still)