ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

January 27, 2008

The Relucatant Smuggler Review


The Reluctant Smuggler by Jill Elizabeth Nelson is a book in the To Catch a Thief series, a romantic suspense novel. Complete with a reader’s guide, this third book in the To Catch a Thief series explores the power of hope in the darkest of circumstances.
I have not read any of the other books in the series, but after this book, I have decided that I am a fan and will be hunting down the other titles!
This is probably the first time I have read a book in a series that doesn't rehash the former books so much that it bores a reader who has already read them, yet allows a new reader to know what happened with just the right amount of information.
The Reluctant Smuggler is about a couple who consist of an FBI agent and an owner of a security company. They fight many odds to be together, but they make it! Desiree Jacobs gets drug into an art and antiquities black market scheme done by a gang so large that it reaches all the way from Mexico to the United States, and unwittingly nearly gets her fiance, Tony Lucano, killed. They don't realize it is the same gang they are both dealing with at first. But through God's help, they persevere and even see friends come to the Lord.
I love the romance and the suspense that is woven throughout this story. I can easily see this story continuing on to another book or two, it is so good. I think that I may have a new author on my favorites list.

You can purchase the book at Amazon.

Author Bio:
Jill Elizabeth Nelson graduated with a degree in literature and creative writing from Southwest State University in Marshall, Minnesota. She served for three years as the senior inspirational reviewer for Romantic Times BOOKclub magazine and is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers, Christian Writers Group, and Christian Authors Network. In 2004, she served as a Christy Award judge in the romance category. Nelson and her husband have four children and live in Madison, Minnesota.

1 people think my kids are qtpies:

Jill said...

Thanks so much for featuring Reluctant Smuggler on your blog. I had a ton of fun writing the book and wish the same thing for my readers!

Exellent Blessings,

Jill
http://www.jillelizabethnelson.com