ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 22, 2008

If I disappear..........

Please call the cavalry!



My kids now hate me. I'm the mean, horrible mother of step-mother proportions. I hate them and don't care about their feelings or needs and wants and I don't love them and I lie and I treat them horrible. Among other things.

I am making them share rooms.

That is it.

Actually, most of the kids think it is great. But I think Devon and Kaytlin may put their paychecks together and hire a hit man to take me out. They are furious. I don't understand how they need time to themselves and privacy. (funny, I gave both of that up years ago to give them life) But you know, I don't see them paying rent or bills, or even doing chores willingly, correctly, or without being harassed to do them. I don't remember the law changing to parents being required to provide each child with their own room. Just basic food, clothing and shelter. I do that in abundance, they don't need their own rooms.
For awhile there we spoiled them and all 6 older kids had their own rooms. (well, Drew had a corner of the basement) But now the basement isn't so attractive (we found some water leakages occasionally) and Grandma moved in with us, so that cut the rooms down by two. I think that since Grandma contributes to the house she is entitled to not only her own room, but a craft room as well. So that is down 3 rooms. Drew, Devon and Cody are going into one room, but Drew will be gone in 2 weeks. So, Devon and Cody in one room. Kaytlin has her own room, and Hope-Anne and Trinity share a room. Sam is with us. Sam needs out, and putting 3 boys in one room while Kaytlin gets her own is just wrong. So, since Trinity will not stay out of Hope-Anne's things, I am moving her and Kaytlin in together and then Trinity and Sam together. Two to a room. I think that is reasonable, fair and good for them.
They think I am evil.
Hope-Anne is thrilled to be with Kaytlin over Trinity. Kaytlin even wants to be upstairs. (though she says she'd rather be in the basement than to share a room) Cody doesn't care if he is sharing, he is only in his room to sleep. Sam and Trinity don't like sleeping alone in a room, so they will be fine. Kaytlin and Devon are mad.

So....... if I should disappear..................... you know what happened.

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

Lisa said...

Just keep posting so we know if they have taken you "OUT" or not, just tell them to make sure they leave a map to the body LOL...sharing rooms isnt so bad atleast they still get to eart.

Carina said...

I remember having my own room, and sharing, at different stages of life. I survived. =)

Grandma J said...

Waaaa...waaa...waaa... Tell them that I NEVER had my own room until I moved OUT. As the 5th child of 10, I always had to share with someone, and at one time there were four of us girls in one room. Honestly though, I would not trade the close relationship and fun times I shared with my sister Patty, for all the world. I think we would have chose to sleep in the same room even if we wouldn't have had to.

Sassyfrazz said...

OH PAAAALEEEEZZEE!! It is good for their growth to share rooms...it's part of growing up and learning to get along with others! :) I hope they will get over it. Or, they just have to deal!