ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

April 14, 2009

20 years

It is officially 20 years of marriage for Donnie and I today.

He said "I'm really happy. Never bored, but really happy."

LOL He isn't as big a fan of all the teens hanging out as I am. We've had nonstop teens at our house this spring break. 17 of them last night. Fun times. Maybe not what we envisioned 20 years ago, but certainly something that I love.

Donnie wants to sell our house and live in an RV when the kids all move out. I want to keep my giant house and fill the rooms with bunk beds for the tons of grandkids we are bound to have. Wouldn't it just be a blast to be the summer hang out for all the grandkids? We are so different, lol.

Oh well, that is what makes us work.

7 people think my kids are qtpies:

Joyful Noise said...

Happy Anniversary - hopefully you are doing something special! Not quite the cruise you were planning but you can still do that later in the year! You can be an inspiration to us all...

Sassyfrazz said...

Happy Anniversary to my dear friend! Love and Hugs!! 20 years is a big deal, and God blessed! May your marriage be blessed with another 20 years!

Teri said...

Happy, Happy 20th Anniversary! A job well done!

Unknown said...

How cool that after 20 years he says he's never bored! We're coming up on 17 ourselves...doesn't seem so long to me. My husband and I want really different things after retirement too...what do you think you'll do, or what kind of compromise do you see the two of you making? Or maybe it doesn't matter as long as your together!

Mrs. Darling said...

YOu may get more grandchildren then you bargained for. LOL I am one of nine kids and my parents are in their 60's. They have 52 grandchildren and 7 great grandchildren. The oldest grandchild is 26. Thats a pack of kids when we all get together. You tell your husband to keep the big house. He will need it!

Happy anniversary! Im coming up on my 20th in June!

Kris said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! Aren't you thrilled to be able to celebrate the victories God has blessed you with?

BTW, I say do the big house AND the RV. You'll need somewhere to escape to when no one wants to leave! LOL

Carina said...

Congratulations!

Are your kids going to send you to Europe to celebrate? =)