ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

April 13, 2009

Whoa!

Where did the time go? 20 years ago I was getting ready for my wedding.

Now here I sit, with 7 kids, one an adult child. My life is so drastically different for me. I was still in high school. Planning a wedding while still trying to pass my classes, and find a maternity outfit that would look good for graduation. Yep, great life, huh?

I wish things had been different, but I am very glad with where my life has taken me. I have learned to be a pretty good mom, a bit strict in some areas, and too lax in others, but over-all, I think my children are turning out well. They love the Lord, so I did the most important part right.

I also feel like I finally have something that is uniquely me that I didn't have for most of my marriage. Writing this blog and doing reviews and writing for the newspaper have all given me a purpose and a joy that is outside of my family life. There IS a Lisa in here, too, you know? I am loving that!

But best of all, after 20 years, I actually know what love really is. I had no idea when I got married. In fact, now I wouldn't say that we were actually in love back then. We had no clue. I don't think I fell in love until after we'd had 3 kids. But now I know that love isn't just a feeling or an attraction. It is a commitment. A team, bonded for better or worse. Over looking faults to get to the best of both of you. Two in physical body, but one in spirit. Just not perfectly one, lol.

I don't feel very eloquent about it, but wow, where on earth did 20 years go?

2 people think my kids are qtpies:

byoc said...

20 years already, wow. Definitely makes me feel old. Happy Anniversary. I am very proud of both of you. I'm so glad you didn't follow in my footsteps and made your own path by following your heart and soul. I love you, Mom

Anna said...

Happy Anniversary you two. I am so glad we have become such good friends and I love the way you described your love for your husband. I love it.