ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

April 27, 2009

Districts Blitz!

I had a great time chaperoning the youth at Districts this past weekend. I really want to blog it all, but wow, that is a LOT of info to blog. I have some things to ponder, and some things to pray about, and lots of things to laugh about.

Hope-Anne doesn't like her picture to be taken, so I had to fool her and got one. I wanted one of us together, but not sure we got one. These are my girls that I was in charge of. They were all super fun, but turns out, after a lot of sleep and way too much togetherness, drama rears it's ugly head. They will come through it, though.
Here is a pic of Cody and I at the conference. Lots of fun!

I couldn't keep hold of Kaytlin and almost didn't get a shot of us together. This shot finally happened after everything was over and we were on our way to leave.
Here is a shot of Drew and I togther. We even took time out to go to coffee together Sunday morning, that was nice.
Sean McDowell was the speaker and the theme was on loving God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. It was really, really good! I LOVED all his super hero shirts that he wore all weekend, lol.
I also enjoyed a class called "I killed Jesus" becuase it was just amazing how the teacher showed us some things about Jesus that opened my eyes. I think most of us think of Jesus as someone who walked around and spoke in a loving, Godly voice, but he was a man, and in the verse he was talking about, he was not even NICE to the pharosees, and there just was no way those words were taken nicely. Truthful, though! I'll have to blog specifically about that class, it was great! (again, superheros!)
I am so glad that I went! I probably won't be able to make it next year, but I will try hard for the year after that.

2 people think my kids are qtpies:

Grandma J said...

I'm glad to hear you had a good time. Molly said she had a blast...I just hope she got more out of it than just a fun weekend. She said she got separated from her group once and wandered around the hotel for awhile. I wasn't thrilled about that one.

Sassyfrazz said...

I am glad you had such a great time! I hope to go some year to help chaperone! I would love to hear more about the speakers and the topics.

Great pictures of you and the kids! Fun how you got one of Hope Anne :)