ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

April 25, 2009

I'm in Duluth again!

I am sitting here waiting for the girls to get done with the mirror so I can maybe get my hair dried and curled, and definitely put on make-up.
I have a room with 5 teen girls, who are followed around by two boys all day. I don't have to be with them all the time, but it is fun hanging out with them.

From the window of the room next to ours I can see the hotel I was in for our girls weekend away a couple weeks ago! Too cool! And all the ice is gone from the water now. It is really nice to be able to look out at Lake Superior from our window.

Last night the conference started and this band came out to play. I am NOT a music lover, and when it is LOUD, heavy metal-ish, and LOUD, I really hate it. So I left for their music so I wouldn't get irritated or a migraine. When it was done I came back and was standing in the door watching the skit. This gal asked me if I needed help finding my group. I said "No, I was just avoiding the obnoxiously loud music." And I look over her shoulder and see the lead singer of the group was who she had been talking to. Yep. I did that. He didn't even blink, lol. He wasn't even bothered by some old lady finding him too loud, and besides he is probably my age. Not even kidding.

My feet swelled from all the walking in a pair of heeled boots. Don't even ask why I did that. Normally I LOVE them and they never hurt my feet. But apparently hills and heels do not agree. So today I am hoping to find a pair of flip flops. If I can even get my feet into the boots to go to a store.

Well, it looks like I might be able to get to the mirror now, then off to another round of fun!

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Grandma J said...

I'm with you on the loud music thing...as if you didn't know...LOL! Even if it's good music, I don't like it loud. And that's not just because I'm old...I've always been that way.

You should know better than to only bring ONE pair of shoes along...silly girl!

Sassyfrazz said...

Opps...at least it wasn't a comment about you hating the music/song...just that it was loud. I hope your feet feel better today!
I bet Superior is beautiful now! Fun that you are up in Duluth again! :)

Joyful Noise said...

I am jealous - when are we going to start planning our next trip up there???

Just like you to open your mouth! JK :)

Jackie said...

Wow, Lisa, you get around!

Marlene McGarrity said...

Despite the swelling feet, it sounds like a good weekend!