ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

April 10, 2009

Duluth with the Girls

If you read my last post you will know that I needed this next weekend to be about FUN for me. For probably the last year and a half my girl friends and I have talked about getting a weekend away. With the retreat preparations we were just frazzled and decided to make it our weekend after we were done with the church retreat. Coincidentally, we are all bloggers, lol.
Jody was the planner, and it was her husband's hotel rewards that got us an amazing suite right on Lake Superior with an amazing view of the light houses and the ships coming in! She is on my women's ministry team. Anna is also on my team and went through lots of lovely spiritual attacks preparing for our event. Sarah and Jeannie are not part of our team, but they were big parts of our event and did the worship and singing, and Jeannie was at most of our planning meetings. So, it was the 5 of us and two babies.
Here we are ready to head out of Jody's driveway! Don't we look excited?When we hit Duluth we were starving and went out to eat at a Chinese Buffet. Lets just say we won't eat there again. And didn't tip well.
Here we are at the hotel. The babes were sleeping and we posed for pics to remember our weekend. We plan to put the picture on coffee cups. Jeannie has a timer on her camera and had to run over and get in position, lol.
This is Jody, Sarah and I hamming it up for the camera.
The running joke all weekend was that Jody and I are control freaks. I may or may not be a bit more vocal about it, but Jody is more stubborn. Ok, so I was probably the worst this weekend, lol. On the drive up I said we needed to set some guidelines to make the weekend go smoothly. They all took me serious and there were heads turning to look at me with concern.
I told them that farting needed to be done in the bathroom and pooping needed to be done in the bathroom in the lobby, not the room so we didn't need to smell each other's poop.
Needless to say, they didn't care what I thought about that, and some of them pooped in the suites bathroom. I know, because I could smell it.

Jody, Jeannie and Anna went to watch the lift bridge the second day and saw this sign and knew they had to take a picture for me. Look closely.
You know what guys think girls do on sleep overs right? Yep, have pillow fights! Well, we thought it would be funny to have pillow fights and take pics for our hubby's. Jody conked out though, so she slept right through it, hehe.
This is me beating up Sarah after she put me in a headlock and took me down. And about 5 minutes later we had security show up at our door. But we weren't doing anything by that time, lol.
We also did girly things, like Sarah and Jody dyed their hair, and some of us who were not sleeping did a lavender foot soak in the tub and sat and talked and shared deep thoughts. Then we did our finger and toe nails, even adding bling to them.


We were all sad to see the weekend come to an end.
We went out to get one last picture together and a guy that was walking with his wife offered to take it for us so we could all be in it. Suddenly he had 4 cameras thrust at him instead of the one pic he thought he was getting into, he set them down and pretended he was going to run away, lol. He was a great sport and did a good job getting the ship in the background.
I highly recommend a girls weekend to everyone! We were just "us" and not mommy or wife or leaders or anything. Just us.
Really, the weekend was very amazing. Anna heard from God, and that was neat. Sarah, Jeannie and I had a spontaneous worship service in the car the second day. Sarah and I were just crying in awe at our amazing and awesome God! Just the best weekend! I love you, my friends! Thanks for loving every control freak part of me and not letting me get away with it, lol. You are my best friends and I thank God for you.

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Joyful Noise said...

It was refreshing - not even close to long enough but refreshing. Though I had the worst headcold ever this last week which is probably why I crashed Sat. night...

Anna said...

It really was a great weekend and I agree it was not long enough. I think the funny thing about the noise complaint is we had Jody sleeping right in our room and we were quiet enough to not wake her but apparently to loud for people in other rooms. It was great and I am ready to go again.

Sassyfrazz said...

It was an amazing weekend! I forgot to post about the amazing "ah-ha..." that God gave us! It was a priceless weekend, one to be treasured, and one to relive!