ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

April 19, 2009

Embarassing!

I have been so embarassed for the last 6 months when we have company over. Our main bathroom has developed a mold problem in the tub. The caulking strip pulled away from the wall in places and started growing science experiments. I can't hide it. I can't get rid of it. I hate it!

I was very excited when Mom Central asked me if I wanted to try X-14 Mold and Mildew Stain Remover! I did hesitate for a moment, because I don't want to admit to having a mold problem, but it is there and I want it GONE. X-14 also says it will work without scrubbing, so I decided I had to give it a try.

I never give things a weak try, so I just sprayed the cleaner on and left the bathroom, no scrubbing, then came back and rinsed a little later. You do need the windows open, although I do think this cleaner is mild compared to most mold and mildew cleaners. The very first time I used it I saw an immediate difference in the mold. Some of the mold was gone and some of the stains were probably about 50% lighter than they were before! So I kept using it.
Since it is safe to use on all sealed tiles and grout I used it all over my tiled bathroom to see what it could do. I could not get rid of marker in the grout, bummer, and soap scum wasn't too impressed with it, but the mold stains continued to be bleached out.

My friend Sassyfrazz said she had amazing results, her major mold problem just went away and she was blown away by it. So I was a bit confused why I was seeing results but the mold won't disappear. I was talking it over with my husband and he explained that the mold isn't the only problem, it is because it is deep into the sticky residue from the caulking strip that I can't get it all out, and it keeps regrowing. Everything above the strip went away, but not in the sticky parts. We are replacing the strip now and using X-14 to keep the mold away.

So, now my big mold problem will not be my big embarassment!

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

First the craft room now the bathroom. Can I come over since you got your house so clean. LOL You know I don't care. But it is a good feeling isn't it?
Padma

Marlene McGarrity said...

We had to replace our strip too! I've also tried steam cleaning the mold out. I'll have to try the X-14.

Mold is pretty common for people to have in their bathroom because water is everywhere. You are pretty brave for talking about it.

Sassyfrazz said...

It is an amazing product! I just put up my post tonight...I really should have gotten pictures of the before & after....even if it was nasty!