ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

April 30, 2009

Introduce toddlers to gardening

I have flowers all around my house and my walkway, they bloom from early spring to fall. My toddlers and preschoolers love nothing more than picking those flowers for mom as a token of their love! Picking the flowers daily doesn't not help my landscaping to remain beautiful, however. Introducing your children in the toddler years to gardening can create a lifetime love of plants and help you keep your sanity, and garden, in tact.


Learn more by reading my Introducing toddlers to gardenting article at the Examiner.

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anna said...

I love the pictures that is adorable

Joyful Noise said...

Cool pic of Trin...

Unknown said...

Did you take that picture? It is awesome! It's interesting that you say this because my mom didn't garden...didn't even grow flowers or plant annuals or anything and when I grew up and got my own house, I really, really wished I knew SOMETHING about how to make our yard prettier. Now I make sure the kids know what I never knew!

Grandma J said...

That is an awesome picture! I love it. Christian and I are going to plant some wild flowers in the planter in front of our little red porch. That should be a fun Summer project for us. I'm just not sure when it is safe to do that...pretty soon, I'm thinking.