ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

April 21, 2009

Strange, weird and fun

My house is just so unique. You truly do not know what to expect over here.

Drew and Trinity are playing a video game and I am listening to their discussion:
Trin "Do you stay inside for a Zombie attack?
Drew "Everyone knows you stay inside during a Zombie attack, kiddo."
Me "Don't you think it is a little off to be having a zombie attack discussion with a 5 year old?"
Drew "No, it is important life lessons."

Um, OK, then, glad you are home to teach her that.

The last two times Drew has come home from the military Sam has had the same reaction. (In Texas he wouldn't look at Drew) Sam sees Drew, even hugs him, but then he remembers that Drew has been gone for a long time and he runs full bore with his fists out and aims right for Drew's nether regions. That'll teach him.

Hope-Anne was talking to me the other day and said she had told a couple of our neighbor kids that she had been up at a certain time or something, can't remember the specifics, and they said "No you weren't." She said "What?" and they replied "Your lights weren't on then." And she said "What???" and they replied "We watch."
Would you be a little weirded out? LOL I keep my drapes shut at night now. Not that they can see if we are up in the family room on the other side of the house, but still, a little creepy, lol.

We were able to babysit a very young baby over night because my friend was sick and you can't deal with a newborn and puking by yourself. We were THRILLED! OK, not all of us were thrilled, but everyone was happy to help out. Hope-Anne and I loved it. Baby snuggles! Warm bottles. Cute baby grins!
Yes, my womb is aching now, lol. But it was so much fun, even getting up to make a bottle at 1:20AM.

Samuel LOVES the baby. He cried and cried last time I babysat, he wanted his baby back. He wailed "Baby goooooooooooooone!" over and over. Pitiful. But this morning, after having him for 24 hours, Samuel brought the car seat to the baby's grandma when she picked him up, lol. No tears at all.

He also peed in the potty again today!

This weekend I get to go chaperon 6 11th graders at Districts in Duluth with one of my best friends, and it is going to be so much fun! (or so I am told) I am hoping to skip out on one thing, though, there is a concert and I am NOT a music fan, and even less of a fan of loud concerts with screaming teenagers. LOL I'll survive, though, and there WILL be earplugs if I have to sit through that.

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Cynthia said...

Chaperoning...good luck!

Grandma J said...

Somehow, I missed this post when you put it up, Jody asked me something about it, so I had to come back and find it.

Confucious say: "Better to chaperone 6 11th graders than 11 6th graders!" Just kidding, he didn't really say that...I made that up. Have fun!

Sassyfrazz said...

Funny what Drew had to teach Trinity! That is comical!
You are such a sweet friend for watching baby over night for Anna! I am glad you and the kids loved it. I hope you get the opportunity for one more baby.
I DO think it is strange that you have peeping Toms across the way. REALLY FREAKY!
I hope you are having a great weekend up NORTH!