ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

April 22, 2009

Potty training boot camp is starting

Last week I told Sam we are not leaving the bathroom until he pees in the potty. It finally happened after 30 minutes. I didn't really push after that, I just wanted to associate the feeling with the action, and he got it.
Well yesterday Sam finally went potty on his own without us asking him all the time. He ran around naked, as always, and would just go potty and come tell us about it. He went about 6 times yesterday, and had one accident in underwear. But without underwear or a diaper he would use the bathroom. OK, so I CAN get him trained, but what happens when I need to leave the house with him? LOL
Today I decided to go for the undies. First thing, he pees in them. Greeaaaaaaaat. Long day ahead of us. I make him clean up his pee now, and that seemed to end it yesterday, so hopefully that is the only accident we will have today.
Wouldn't it be great to have him trained before I leave for the weekend?

I no longer have a co-chaperon for the weekend, her dad has been ill in another state and she is flying out to drive him home. Even though that means I do the girls alone, I also get her grandbaby when I get home on Sunday! I will have him from Sunday to Wed! Woohoo! (she has custody of her grandson)

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

Grandma J said...

Congrats on getting Sammy almost potty trained! What age group of girls are you going to be with for the weekend? Where is baby going to be while she's gone?

Cheryl Pitt said...

This sounds similar to the 3 day potty training method, I'm going to try that soon on Littlest.

Marlene McGarrity said...

I love hearing how an expert like you gets the baby potty trained.

I have so much to look forward to :)

Qtpies7 said...

Here is my expert technique:
Fumble through it.

I have potty trained 7 different ways. Mostly, I fought them, they fought me, then they did it when they wanted to. Except Devon, him I had to spank, but only once and he was completely potty trained, at almost 4.