ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 17, 2009

My week

I've had some fun, and some not so fun times in the last 8 days.
Donnie's mom has been in the hospital for 8 days, but finally comes home today. (Friday) She was blowing up like a balloon with water, and they are not sure why. Probably her congestive heart failure. We think she is on the mend, but she does have to have her heart stopped and restarted in about a month. A little scary, but common.

We bought a used vehicle that will actually fit us with our not adult children! We are buying it from a friend who offered us an amazing deal that we are so thankful for. It is an SUV that seats 7!











Devon is in football this year and we had fun watching him at a home game this week. He is playing JV to get play time, and subs on Varsity. He gets to play a LOT for JV and it is fun to actually go to a game and have him play so much! He is number 34, putting his helmet on in this picture.
It was so enjoyable getting to watch Devon play, but we didn't realize how warm it was and didn't bring enough to drink for the kids. As you can see, Trinity was about to get heat stroke! So we left at half time. We were bummed, but we their health is important.
One day I was driving Sam home from visiting Grandma at the hospital and saw THIS sitting on my windshield right in my line of vision. I could see nothing else.
Yes, a GIANT spider on my window. It was probably big enough to almost cover a........... dime. I didn't even crash, though! Aren't you proud of me?
When I got Sam home and headed back to the hospital, the spider was no longer on my window and I was a bit more freaked out when I didn't know where it went. But I survived, and didn't drive into a lake or anything, Anna.
Schooling has been going pretty well. Cody and Hope-Anne are adjusting great! Hope-Anne and I, not so much. It is hard finding time to sit down and work together without Sam being a brat, destroying my house, or taking a walk to the police station down the street. He lets the dogs out of their fence all the time. Spills things. Bugs Donnie in his office. Trashes the house.
Sigh........... we will figure it out, but it is going to take time. Today was art day. Hope-Anne took out paints and painted faces and hair. Not my idea of art, but they had a blast. And cleaned it up.

2 people think my kids are qtpies:

Sassyfrazz said...

That is great that you got a vehicle to fit your family! Yeah!

How fun to go to Devon's FB games. I look forward to those days...if we have one in a sport.

Yes, I am proud of you for even taking the picture of the spider~ impressive! :) That is a huge spider~ gross!!

School is a challenge for us, too. Time is hard to find, and having 3 little ones, we get interrupted a LOT! Keep it up~ it is the best, though!

Anna said...

You didn't go into a lake because there isn't one between your house and the hospital. LOL
But I am proud of you being able to take the picture of the spider.