ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 17, 2009

See what 20 years does to you?

I will admit, I am a testing addict. Pregnancy tests, that is. I buy in bulk. I guess when you *could* be pregnant any month and want to be pregnant, you want to know right away, lol. Please don't judge me, lol. I'm not alone, I know I'm not.
Anyway, I chart my cycle and I wasn't sure that I actually ovulate every month, so my doctor has me testing for ovulation. So I bought those in bulk, too. (I can get 25 of each kind of test for the price of ONE test in the store, so I'm saving money, people!)

Well, I get worked up taking negative test after negative test, so I gave all my tests to Donnie and told him not to give them back to me unless my cycle is late. I told him to hide them good, because I WILL be searching his office for them.

I shouldn't have given him my ovulation test strips, though, so I asked for one yesterday. He was working and asked if I wanted to leave the room or have him tell me where they were. I said "They are in the wall." He said "What?!" I said "I know they are in the wall."
How did I know that? Well, after 20 years of marriage, I know how his brain works. He knows that I am not going to put my hands in there because a spider might bite it off. Where else would he put it?

I guess I should explain the whole wall thing, lol. We turned a storage room into a normal room by adding a window and started sheet rocking it. We aren't finished yet, and there is a slope to the roof on part of the wall, but that makes a pocket behind it that we haven't sheet rocked yet. Partly because we ran out of money, then were too lazy to finish it, and it is probably way beyond our minimum sheet rocking talent. So, there is a big space that is open.

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

Lisa said...

You are so not alone in the testing addiction, MANY women have it, I did before I had Sailor...and as for the spiders there could be a million bucks sitting in a spider hole and it will stay there all safe and snug as a bug..so not touching it..

Carina said...

I've never understood women who "didn't know they were pregnant" several months into it. I always tested if I was just one day late. I gotta know, people!

Fruitful Harvest said...

Hi there~
I get my pregnancy test in bulk too! From AnotherBlessing.com on the Quiverfull website!

I get 20 test for about $17.00!

Blessings,
Georgiann momma of 6 so far!

Sassyfrazz said...

HA! that is funny! I am a testing freak, too...