ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 24, 2009

Organization

How do you go from unorganized to scheduled?
I like the freedom of doing things when we want to, and it mostly works for the kids to do school on their time because there is no fighting me. I give them a list and a deadline to have it done, and that is all I care about, having it done by the end of the week.
However, that doesn't work well with Trinity yet, so I need to get more organized and schedule days and times to work with her. Every day is just too much. But I think 3 days a week should be good for her.

The big change I want to see is Cody and Hope-Anne developing a schedule with their dogs. The puppies need time in the kennel and time to play. The kids don't like to kennel the dogs much, but that doesn't work out with potty issues. Thankfully, Parker is about potty trained, and even my stubborn stupid dog is pooping outside now, hehe, but Nova is only 3 months old and is not there yet.

So, how do you even go about MAKING a schedule and sticking to it?

2 people think my kids are qtpies:

Jinky! said...

wow, I love your blog. . . me and my husband have six kids, all girls!

Kris said...

It's taken me FOREVER to figure out what works for us. Biggest change made this year is that we aren't making day-trips ANYWHERE during the week except to homeschool group meetings once a month. Any variance in routine really messes things up for us, and it takes a day or two to get back on schedule! Actually, I don't really have a set schedule, just a routine. I can't deal with time deadlines, but general "do this first, then this, then that" works great for all of us.