ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 28, 2009

Wow, learning experience

This week the kids and I are studying the Renaissance era and arts and crafts that were popular in those days. So today my neighbor let us come over and learn about pottery and we got to try to make something on the wheel.
I learned a LOT.
1. Pottery making is fun.
2. Pottery making is hard.
3. Pottery making is a great abdominal work out. (not even kidding)
4. Pottery making is MESSY.
5. You can't make pottery with long finger nails.
6. It is totally worth every penny to pay for someone's excellent pottery work.

Now when we go to the Renaissance festival on Friday and watch the pottery deomonstrations we will know just how talented they are.

Next up on our list is to learn about artists and try painting............. yikes!

Later in the week we are going to make cake, and while that isn't in the time period, we are going to make a castle and possibly knights and figures out of fondant to go with the time period.

2 people think my kids are qtpies:

Kailani said...

I've always wanted to try my hand at pottery but didn't like the mess it made. I'm sure your projects turned out great!

Julie said...

That sounds like great fun. My kids would love that.