ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

November 11, 2009

Weird Science

Some of the best parts of homeschooling are the weird ways you can get lessons in without doing "homework." And wacky science adventures are always a hit with the kids! I love finding things that teach the kids through play or experiments.
I was given the opportunity to try out two great science kits with the kids. The first is Mythbusters Weird World of Water.

We are big fans of Mythbusters on TV, so this kit sparked my interest right away. Cody enjoyed doing the experiments, but I knew he would, what I didn't know was that it would actually teach my younger kids anything. Both Sam and Trinity were fascinated with the whirlpool experiment. I was shocked when Trinity finally was able to make one on her own, and she was so excited and proud of herself!
The kit is under $20 and it is for ages 9 and up and it won the FamilyFun Magazine 2009 T.O.Y. award. I loved this kit and I am more than happy to find other kits to expand our learning fun! It will also make a great Christmas gift for any young kid on your list.

Aspiring mythbusters will test the secrets of water as they uncover its
many mysteries. Water freezes and boils and turns into gas - is there anything
it can't do? They'll find the mythbusting answer to that and many more
questions:
Can water suck a ship down the drain?
Will you find hot water
at the North Pole?
Can water blast a rocket into space?
Kids will test
the power of whirlpools, create a liquid rainbow, learn how to walk on water,
and much more with the Mythbusters.



Hope-Anne got the kit that I was the most thrilled with, the Magnificent Manicure Kit, and let me tell you why: I got a mani/pedi and called it a "chemistry lesson." Oh, yes, I did! That rocks!
Hope-Anne really got into this kit and enjoyed it. She made lotions and mud packs and filed and pumiced and polished and shined. It was fun, it was girly, and she learned about chemistry. This kit rocks!
Again, this kit is less than $20, and packed with fun and learning!

Young ladies will learn all about cosmetic chemistry as they give themselves and
their friends a magnificent manicure! Using this kit, they will:
turn their
hands silky soft with crystal mud,
soak hands in a sea-salt scrub,
create their own custom scent of lotion,
buff and shine nails and much
more!

I received these products to review as part of a campaign through Team Mom.

1 people think my kids are qtpies:

Sassyfrazz said...

Nathaniel had fun with the MythBusters set. I didn't know they ha d manicure set...how fun!

I love being a member of Team Mom!