ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

May 12, 2010

Is there a definite?

At what age or time do you actually become an ADULT? Is it when you turn 18 you are suddenly, magically an adult? 21? When you are on your own supporting yourself?

I'm just wondering because what I think and what my teens have thought have never really meshed well.

Weigh in on this hot topic and let me know when you think someone can call themselves an adult.

6 people think my kids are qtpies:

Unknown said...

In our case, Austin left our home and moved back to Kansas City a few months shy of his 18th birthday. Sure, we could have made him stay, but that would have just delayed the inevitable. Since then, he has held a steady job, paid his own rent and utilities, and will be graduating from North Kansas City High School one week from today. That's an adult in my book!

Jackie said...

I think it's 18. Whether or not the 18-year-old ACTS like an adult is a whole different story. But at this point, I think that the young adult should be making his/her own decisions. If, however, he is still under the parental roof, he needs to follow the rules of the house or go get his own lodging.

Carina said...

Well, I'm 30, and I still don't feel like an adult, so...idk!

Shell said...

Well, in my view if the law says you can' drink till your 21 then, you not an adult. I know many kids who are legally an adult at 18 but are not capable of being a mature 18 and should be looked after still. I am at this point with my kids now. With Jenn graduating but having multiple LD's, she is not near being an adult. My Matt is only 16 and will most likely be ready to go on into the adult world at 18.

It really goes by the childs maturity level. Really you as the parent are the best judge.

Good luck,
Shell

Cynthia said...

I agree with Carina...I'm way older than 18...and I never feel like an adult:O

Joyful Noise said...

When you act like an adult - you will be treated like an adult...some may be before 18 some way after.... Just my opinion!