ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

January 26, 2007

Rememberings #1 The neighbors and the tree

I have been surfing blogs lately, whats new??, and I have come across so many posts that have brought back memories that I just have to blog about! I don't want to forget things, you know. So I am going to start a Rememberings posting.

A few years ago we moved into a rental house. I was pregnant when we moved in and in the midst of horrid morning sickness. I was soooo sick that I had to be hospitalized for it.
The day after I got home from the hospital I hear the doorbell ring. I drug myself down the stairs to answer the door and it is our elderly neighbor's slightly younger than she is, son. Meaning he isn't young, either, probably a grandpa. He tells me to get outside and see what my kids are doing, in his huffy voice. I asked him why. And he just repeated the demand that I get out there now and see what they did. "Look, I just got out of the hospital yesterday, I am NOT coming outside right now until you tell me why and I can decide if I should." So he says my kids cut down branches out of a tree. I was so horrified! "They cut down branches in one of your mother's trees?" "No, they cut down branches in one of your trees."
"You are freaking out at me over a tree in our yard?"
"Well, those branches don't grow back!"
"Umm, really, a tree in our yard and you are over here freaking out at me?"
"My mom has to look at those trees and it is ugly to have one tree with branches cut off!"
"Ok, I'll have my husband look at it when he gets home."
"No, you need to get out here and see what they did!"
"No, my husband will take care of it."
"But they cut down the branches on a tree!"
"What do you want me to do, go glue the branches back on??"
"I'm calling your landlords!" Blah blah blah... you get the drift.
Well, it turns out they cut a few branches off the bottom of a fir tree, which actually made it so we can mow under it and it quit catching all the garbage blowing around town! And the landlords didn't care at all.

But from then on, anytime her cable went out the called the landlords and blamed it on us or our trees and all sorts of things. I went over there to see what on earth they think my kids did to their cable. It turns out that it worked on one tv, not the other. And what does that have to do with my kids?? Yep, she's OLD, and he's a nutcase. They called our landlords and told them we were having an unsupervised fire in our backyard when we were barbequing! LOL The landlords actually came out and saw that they are crazy, so that helped us a ton.

Yep, we moved!

0 people think my kids are qtpies: