ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

November 24, 2007

Sisters of the Quilt Review


When the Morning Comes is book two in the Sisters of the Quilt series by Cindy Woodsmall.
"Fans of Beverly Lewis and the Amish genre will be thrilled to discover this new author.." Tamera Alexander
That quote was on the back of the book, and I was skeptical. But I was more than surprised as I read the first book, When the Heart Cries. I read it cover to cover and then grabbed When the Morning Comes because I had to know what was going to happen to my favorite characters! I am a huge fan of Beverly Lewis, and I am thrilled to discover Cindy Woodsmall's writing!
Book one is about an Amish girl who is raped and her trials living in an Amish community. She can't tell anyone after her parents because they hide everything. She had no idea what had happened to her and her parents explained it to her. She got pregnant from that rape, and she hid it from everyone. The consequenced of deceit caught up to her, and she fled.
Book two picks up with her fleeing her little Amish community and her fiance, whom she thought had left her. She goes in search of a family secret and finds some peace and happiness, but later has to go back and face her past and help her sister. She dealt with her rape, found peace, made a new life for herself, and is happy in spite of what life had dealt her. But the book leaves you wanting more as it ends with her heading home.
I cannot wait for book three!
You can purchase the book here.
I am going to be giving away a few copies of the book on The Good Stuff blog soon.

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Jessica said...

I'll be watching for the free copies! My mother-in-law is always looking for new books to read!

yofed said...

That really looks like a good book.... as for Beverly Lewis, what titles would you suggest me? I never heard of her before, I checked but she wrote so many books I don't know where to start!!!

Anonymous said...

I loved your blog. Thank you.